Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

The Geek and the Sweet Girl

Thursday, June 23, 2005


It's 6am on Thursday and my poor sweet Geek isn't home from yesterday's work yet. He had to work late last night. (How much of an understatement is that!?) A sister company is moving in to his building. Being the resident computer guy, this means he has to have all their systems up and running for them when they get in this morning. I have to wonder if they'll ever even know he pulled an all-nighter for them. I hope they're grateful. At this point he has been up for 24 hours straight. I hope he can come home soon.

This means that I won't be able to post the dome plans today. I'm reasonably certain, given the day he's had, that the PC is not repaired yet. This is NOT a complaint. Just an FYI for anyone who might be looking forward to seeing them.

On a happier note, I get to spend the day with Sweet Girl! Grandma Bina (her normal daycare) is out of town for a week, so I get her through next Friday. Boy are we gonna have fun! I talked with her over speaker phone last night and she's almost as excited as I am! She told me she had a long list of things to do so that she could spend the day with me. First she had to finish her dinner, then she had to take a bath, brush her teeth, change into pajamas, say goodnight to daddy, go to bed, etc. She's so dang cute I can hardly stand it.

Today's going to be a good day. I just hope the Geek makes it home soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home