Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

SweetGirlisms (Part 2 of ?)

Monday, June 27, 2005


Sweet Girl announced another new way of doing things today. Actually she announces several each day, but this one made me laugh out loud. "There's a new way to whistle. It goes like this." She then made a sound that was like a cross between a rooster's "cockadoodledoo", a dog's bark, and the familiar high-low-high tones of a whistle meant to get someone's attention (for lack of a better explanation).

Maybe you had to be there, but it was one of the funniest sounds I've heard in a while...and not like the imitation my husband does of the "Dumb and Dumber" most annoying sound in the world, which he thinks is hilarious. Ok, it would be a little funny if we weren't in a car at the time, but I can't admit that to him or he'll never stop.

2 Comments:

At 6/27/2005 9:53 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Tonight as she was getting ready for bed, she said, "there's a new way to get out of your shirt" and proceded to pull her tank top straps off her shoulders and then pull the entire shirt down around her waist and to the floor, where she stepped out of it.

Yep, that's a new way alrighty!

 
At 6/27/2005 10:20 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

I love her "new way" ideas. They just crack me up. It's like she's discovered some great social or technological advancement for which scientists have been searching for years.

That or a sixties trendsetter. (Think Austin Powers meets a stoner-hippy. "There's a new way to see the world. Peace and Love baby. That's what it's all about, man.")

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home