Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

We did it!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005


We closed on the lot. We are now officially landowners. I suppose technically we already were since we own a small home in the 'hood, but when your personal space is the size of a postage stamp it doesn't really feel like land-ownership. Add in the fact that this home was purchased with the intention of fixing it up and selling it (otherwise known as fixing it up for some stranger to live in), and...well, let's just say it feels good to own some land. This is the place where we will build the house in which we plan to grow old. I told the Geek this morning that it's like a 20 lb. weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Yup, feels good.

And now for a little housekeeping. The Geek asked me this morning if I could call him "my Geek" or something like that. He feels that "the Geek" sounds like "the old guy" or "the Geezer". I can see where he gets that. Let me assure you he is nothing like that. In fact, to look at him, you wouldn't think, "yup, he's a geek." He is actually quite the cutie. Now while, "my Geek" is accurate, it doesn't always fit, so I will alternate between "the Geek" and "my Geek". In essence, when you see the word Geek capitalized, it's about him - the hubby, the hubster, DH, the cute guy - you get the picture.

3 Comments:

At 6/22/2005 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

You know me... I'd prefer to call him the Geekmiester! Little B

 
At 6/28/2005 12:06 PM, Anonymous hot rod mama wrote:

Hey, Little B!! How are you?

 
At 12/07/2005 1:30 PM, Anonymous Jayson Runkel wrote:

Keep Blogging!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home