Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

You are SO jealous!

Sunday, June 26, 2005


I have made an amazing discovery. It is a place where you can acquire wonders beyond your imagination with minimal personal sacrifice. From the moment I layed my eyes on it, it took my breath away. I was enthralled, and would forevermore be proud to be a slave to it's call. And call it does. It is calling me back and I want to go. I desperately want to go back, and I soon I will. I cannot stay away long. It's enchantment is much to captivating to resist.

Before I reveal the identity of this phenomenon I must take care of some business. See, I know that when Blond Girl finds out that I have been to this place without her, my well-being could be in danger. As I searched for a way to tell her, I realized that I now have an outlet for revealing such matters while eliminating the immediate repercussions of such revelations, and possibly minimizing the ultimate consequences as well. If BG reads this when I am not nearby, she cannot pummel me for going without her. My hope is that her wrath will have subsided by the time I see her again. It may be a blog use of questionable moral character, but my personal safety is at risk here.

BG and I have a saying - "You are so jealous." So Blond Girl. This is for you.

You are SO jealous!!!

Yesterday, I went with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to the ultimate home shopping mecca of all home shopping meccas.

IKEA

It is truly wondrous and you cannot possibly imagine its enormity until you have seen it for yourself. It is colossal, gargantuan, behemothic! And the treasures it holds are magnificent. I will never be the same now that I have been touched by the wonder that is IKEA.

Blond Girl, if it is any comfort, you and I will go together soon. We must. I would be remiss as a friend to not introduce you, although Champs may never ever forgive me for it.

3 Comments:

At 6/26/2005 4:39 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

First - I am SO jealous! Yes, I am. Turkey.

Second - your safety is not in jeopardy. However, I might let you buy me something to assuage your guilt, if you ask nicely.

Third - we need to do this at the same time we go to Bead Monkey - or maybe we should plan two shopping trips soon.

Fourth - What ever am I going to do when we move to Another State without all these lovely shopping options??!?! Ahhhhgggggg! And worse, they charge TAX ON CLOTHING! Heathenistic state! After you move, we will have to plan regular shopping excursions to our true Mecca. The Muslims head east to Mecca; we shall head west to MOA.

 
At 6/26/2005 9:30 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Yes, I am a turkey, but think of it this way. Now that I've been there, I can be your guide. I now know the mysteries of IKEA and I can guide you and Curly Girl safely through her halls.

 
At 6/27/2005 10:09 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

That's true.

Plus, you knew you would be safe. If I hurt you, who would take care of Tiglet?

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home