Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

5 Cats and a Purple Room

Saturday, July 09, 2005


In a comment to my 100 things post, Vicky asked for pics of my purple living room. I don't have any pictures of the room. I'd take some with my handy dandy digital, but the room's an embarrassing mess right now. What I do have, however are some pics of my cats with the living room in the background. So I get to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak - show off my beloved kitty cats and my pretty purple living room in one fell sweep.

MaestroMaestro

DivaDiva

BeethovenBeethoven (gazing down over his domain)

MozartMozart (on his favorite top step perch)

YoyoYoyo

And while I'm at it, I have to show off my pretty kitchen too. Blond Girl helped me with the hydrangea stencils. This is the cats' favorite window. They have a great view of a shrub in the neighbor's yard that is always packed with sparrows.

Mozart in the window.

I try not to talk about my cats too much - I don't want to make people sick or bore them to death - but, you know, I had to show off my pretty house. Just keeping the readers happy.

10 Comments:

At 7/09/2005 9:08 PM, Blogger Heather wrote:

Aww! I love the cat pictures!

 
At 7/10/2005 11:52 AM, Blogger Vics wrote:

LOL - and we thank ye from the bottom of our hearts m'love *grin*

 
At 7/10/2005 1:52 PM, Anonymous Hot Rod Mama Warbucks wrote:

Thanks, Heather. These are my grandkits we're talking about here. Aren't they all adorable? And each with a very unique personality.

 
At 7/10/2005 2:09 PM, Blogger Kristen wrote:

Just blog-hopping today and came across pictures of cats. I was admiring the pictures without reading the captions when I saw "purple" and thought "hey, nice paint. i wish i had five cats." (my thoughts may be disjointed, but they are my own)

People should be encouraged to talk about their cats. I talk about mine all the time.

 
At 7/10/2005 6:40 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

I will miss my pretty purple living room when we move, but not for long. Besides, I can paint any room I want purple there too.

Thankfully, the cats come with us. I'd definitely miss them more than the purple walls.

 
At 7/10/2005 11:15 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I can't believe I've gone an entire day without talking to you. More than an entire day; something like 30 hours. I'm having geekwif withdrawal. OK, it's not that dramatic.

Hope you had a lovely day. Mine was a kick-back after yesterday's craziness.

I'll try to talk to you manyana.

 
At 7/11/2005 8:52 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

Awww... I love the pictures of your cats! Don't stop writing about them. I have three of my own, and I talk about them all the time, and I'm sure I'll blog about them often too. And I love the purple room-it's a very soothing color.

 
At 7/11/2005 9:31 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

You are right; our monitor at home is awful! I saw this post from home and all of them are so dark you can hardly see anything. I just checked on my work monitor and the difference is amazing! The picture I posted of Sweet Girl is much lighter as well. You surprised me by not commenting on the pic of her; I thought for sure you'd have something to say about that.

Well, we may have to let Champs go monitor shopping soon. Geek doesn't have any extras laying around, does he?

Hope you have a lovely day! Back to work.

 
At 7/11/2005 1:29 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

I told you it was bad. Maybe next time you'll believe me. ;-) Sorry, we don't have one. Tell him to go to Computer Renaissance. They've got good prices.

I was in a hurry this morning when reading your blog, but the pic of Sweet Girl is very cute. Looks like she's having fun!

 
At 7/12/2005 1:30 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

You know... if Mo ever needs a home....

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home