Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

5 Things

Tuesday, July 05, 2005


It's going to be another beautiful day here in the Metro area and I need to continue making our home beautiful for the person/people who will be buying it - whoever that may be. So, rather than a regular post, here are some things you may or may not already know about me. I will return with your regularly scheduled programming (and hopefully a picture of our landscape plans) tomorrow.


I borrowed this from Leesa who stole it from Stephanie


10 years ago, I....

1. was moving from a teeny tiny apartment to a slightly less tiny apartment.
2. was working at a medical supply company at a job I despised.
3. got my first cat with my husband.
4. had been married for two and a half years.
5. was about 40 lbs lighter than I am now.

5 years ago, I....
1. was very excited over the birth of my goddaughter.
2. was laughing with my computer geek husband at the people who panicked about the Y2K bug.
3. quit the stinky job I hated.
4. started tech school to learn the skills needed for a new career.

5. had not yet been disillusioned by the futility of that education.

Today I ....
1. am a homemaker.
2. will soon be acting as general contractor in the building of our new house.
3. use the skills I learned in tech school occasionally to make a few extra bucks.

4. know that life doesn't always take you where you think you're going.
5. am happy in the life I have with my husband.


Tomorrow, I will....
1. be one day closer to having our house ready to sell.
2. want to camp out on our new lot, just like I wish I could do every day.
3. paint, paint, paint.
4. clean, clean, clean.
5. take my in-laws to the airport for their 2-year missions trip 4000 miles away.


5 Snacks I Enjoy:
1. Breyer's Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
2. Cheez-its
3. tortilla chips dipped in hot refried beans with melted cheese
4. cheese
5. more cheese

5 Songs I know all the words to, even with out the Music:
1. Grace Like Rain by Todd Agnew
2. Gabriela by White Heart
3. Winter Wonderland
4. Silent Night
5. (do Christmas songs count?)

5 Things I would do with $100,000,000:
1. give a tithe
2.
build our home debt-free and pay off other debts
3. buy or build new homes for our parents
4. give to Christian missions

5. invest for the future

Top 5 Locations I'd run away to:
1. our new beautiful lot that I can't wait to live on
2. the Scottish Highlands 300 years ago - minus any wars
3. the Italian countryside
4. a secluded cabin on a river in the Rocky Mountains
5. the Garden of Eden - thousands of years ago, before the fall

5 Bad habits I have:
1. eating more than I am hungry for
2. feeling guilty for everything whether I did or didn't do it

3. putting off washing dishes
4. setting clean laundry on the couch where the cats curl up on it and make it furry
5. blogging and reading blogs too much


5 Things I like Doing:
1. spending time with my husband
2. watching a good brainless romantic comedy
3. reading classic romantic novels

4. beading
5. cooking


5 Things I would Never Wear:
1. animal prints
2. anything peach-colored - it makes my skin look green
3. leather pants
4. ultra frilly anything
5. anything hot pink

TV Shows I like:
1. Firefly (yes, I know it's not on anymore)
2. Babylon 5 (see above)
3. Friends (see above)
4. Seinfeld (see above)
5. Battlestar Galactica (the new one)


5 Movies I like:
1. Under the Tuscan Sun
2. 13 Going on 30

3. Ever After
4. So I Married An Axe Murderer
5. Pride and Prejudice


5 Famous people I'd like to Meet:
1. Jesus
2. John (Jesus' disciple)
3. President George W. Bush
4. First Lady Laura Bush

5. Nichole Nordeman

5 Biggest Joys at the Moment:
1. my husband
2. peace in God
3. our new lot and the home we're building on it
4. our goddaughter
5. the hope of glory

4 Comments:

At 7/05/2005 9:01 PM, Blogger Heather wrote:

I think I will use this on my blog, if you don't mind? I like your answers.

 
At 7/05/2005 10:08 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

No problem! Have fun!

 
At 7/11/2005 4:11 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Go check out Heather... she did it!

 
At 11/22/2005 1:21 PM, Anonymous Lee Golphin wrote:

STOP blaming other people!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home