Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

The Insanity Has Begun!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005


Well, ye ole blog has been a bit erratic as of late. I apologize for this. My time is taken up with getting this old house ready to sell. We have given ourselves a goal of having it ready to show this week and it's not there yet.

There is also much to do to prepare for building the next home, starting with reading my handy dandy books, The Complete Guide to Contracting Your Home, Be Your Own House Contractor, the Natural Spaces Domes Home Building Information & Product Literature, and the Natural Spaces Domes Construction Manual. How exciting is my summer reading list?

Yes, we are contracting our own home. Yes, I am nervous, but I think I can do it. Yes, I have a lot of reading to do. Yes, the blog may suffer for it. I will keep it up as much as I can, but unfortunately, I may have to do some filler posts for a while.

On Sunday, we did stop by the lot where we will be building and took some pictures. I will be posting those as soon as I can get them prepped. Hopefully in the next day or two.

3 Comments:

At 7/12/2005 9:18 AM, Blogger Cape Man wrote:

Hi Michele sent me.
All the best, you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

 
At 7/12/2005 10:56 AM, Blogger MissMeliss wrote:

Hi, thanks for visiting my site.

I've always thought building my own house would be fun, but the reality is that I haven't the patience for it.

Good luck with yours, though!

 
At 7/12/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Thanks. I'll take all the well wishes I can get!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home