Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

It's Too Early to Have Been Awake This Long

Friday, August 05, 2005


It's 5:49 am and I've been awake for almost 2 hours already. Uggh. I see an afternoon nap in my future...maybe. As long as I'm up, I figure I might as well post, especially since I didn't yesterday. (My apologies to anyone who was looking for a post. And I apologize in advance for not posting a "real" post today. This may be all you get. I guess we'll see how the day goes.)

Last night, while my Geek played Psychonauts, I started working on a new design for my blog. I may as well use my certificate in web design for something useful. It certainly never made me any money. The Geek says an education is never a waste, even if it doesn't end up paying for itself. I sure would like to believe him.

I had one design I had worked up a while ago which I was planning on using, but it turned out to be impractical. Great design idea, not so great as an actual webpage. So I started another design idea. Fun and funky. I really like it (the Geek hates it - says it's too pink), but I'm not sure if it's going to translate well to a webpage either. Actually, I'm pretty sure it would but my design skills far surpass my coding skills. What I should be saying is that I don't know if I, with my limited coding skills, am able to pull it off.

All that to say this: If I can figure it out, and if I can continue to find the time to do so, you may see a new design here in the near future. Otherwise, not so much.

Today has the equal potential to be either a really busy day, or a completely lazy day. The Geek worked all last weekend and put in extra hours during the week too, so he's taking today off. He'll probably be playing games today or reading. There are a million things I could do around here, but I might just take the day off too. If so, I'll work on that design.

Or maybe I'll just enjoy a day with my Geek.

5 Comments:

At 8/05/2005 10:18 AM, Anonymous MissMeliss wrote:

I was up at 6 this morning, but sanity reigned, and I went back to bed, only to oversleep. It's now 10:17, and I'm in bed with the laptop.

And re: your comment in MY blog - YES, I still need front door pix. If you've got one, please send to scritture@gmail.com

Thanks!

 
At 8/08/2005 8:57 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

When you get your new design, can we work on one for me? Of course, it must be pink; I can't think of another color that says "blond girl" like pink!

and you're right - that is too freaking early to be up!

 
At 8/08/2005 9:48 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Further update; Sweet Girl, as Princess, was told by certain "things" in her room (her "kingdom") that this was a "bad place". She arrested them and sent them to a "bad place" and informed them and me that her room is now a "good place". Then she was done with being a princess. She briefly considered swimming in her pool (all three feet of diameter of it) but it is raining and chilly. So, now she has on her leotard and flowered slippers and is being a ballerina.

 
At 8/08/2005 10:07 AM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

I'd love to work on a design for you. I just don't know about timing. I haven't even worked any more on mine yet, as much as I would like to.

In the meantime, you might want to start looking for images or even phrases, words, poems, etc. that embody the attitude you want your design to convey.

 
At 8/09/2005 10:57 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Ohh, good thinking! I could go with a "legally blond" look, but I think that's too blond even for me!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home