Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Our House In the Middle of Our Street

Saturday, August 20, 2005


As I've mentioned before, we are trying to sell our house so that we can build our dream home on the beautiful lot we purchased this summer. We are attempting to sell it ourselves rather than with a realtor. The Geek and I are uber do-it-yourselfers. Our motto is "Why pay someone else to do it if you can do it yourself for less or free?"

So, today and tomorrow we are holding an open house in hopes of drawing in people who will fall in love on the spot and pay us lots of money to live in this adorable home. It really is adorable. I mean, we have a purple living room with white trim for goodness sakes. How much cuter could you get?

They say (whoever "they" might be) that when you sell your home you should paint every room white. I hate to argue with the "experts", but.... Actually, that's not true. I like arguing with the experts. Half the time, I have to wonder who or what made them experts in the first place. Anyway, my point was going to be that I don't agree with that line of thought. Every person who walks into our house takes one look at our living room and smiles. It's like an auto response. Our living room is like a puppy. You can't possible see it without becoming a little more happy than you were a moment before.

We have purged, de-cluttered, cleaned, and (despite my feelings about "experts") staged the house - at least a little. There are flowers in a pot on the front doorstep and flowers in a vase in the kitchen. There's a bowl of brightly colored fruit on the table and the house smells like fresh baked banana bread. It's almost enough to make me want to stay. Maybe if we could move it to the country, add on a couple rooms, and make the basement livable. Nah. I'd rather live in a dome.

So if you think of us today, say a little prayer that we'll get a buyer soon, preferably today or tomorrow - someone who will pay at least our asking price if not more and who will be a great neighbor to our great neighbors and help towards the ultimate goal of making this neighborhood a beautiful place to live.

1 Comments:

At 8/20/2005 8:56 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Of course I hope and pray it sells quickly; as do I ours. What I really logged on to say was "thanks! Now I have that song going though my head!"

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home