Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Road Trip Today

Thursday, August 25, 2005


Just a quick post since I haven't posted anything in a few days. It's crunch time! We went to the bank on Friday and I came home with a whole slew of homework. Short version: I need to get bids on every subcontractor that will work on our home in the next few months and on all the materials that will go into it. Many many many phone calls.

It reminds me of the good old days at my crummy customer service job. Actually it doesn't. Well maybe if you change the crabby person on the other end of the phone to a nice person who wants me to hire him and change the end results from a lousy paycheck to a beautiful home.

Yeah, I like this job much better. :)

Today I'm going to the site to meet with a potential sub and I'll be picking up a phone book and whatever other info I might be able to get at the Chamber of Commerce.

Road trip, baby! If I'm feeling generous, maybe I'll snap a couple photos and post them here soon.

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger srp wrote:

Thanks for visiting my site.
We have six other kitties besides Nicky.
Clover, Chloe, Rhett, Scarlett, Maggie and Willow. They have other names as well. They are all southern cats so you have to add Miss and Mister to their names. Maggie belongs to my folks, the others are mine. Nicky and Willow are ragdolls and really named Sir Nicholas Alexander and Lady Wilhelmenia Abigail, but we just call them Nickerdoodle and Willowbean. Don't ask me why, I have no clue.
Good luck on your home.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home