Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

All About Me Monday - Part 2

Monday, September 26, 2005


Mondays are "All About Me" here at Chez Geekwif. That means I pull an item from my "100 Things" and post about it. Today, we move on to #2 on my list.

2. We got married the day after Christmas in 1992.

The Geek and I share a common delusion of uniqueness. He wouldn't call it a delusion, but the way I see it, I want to be unique, and in a few ways I am, but no one would ever pick me out as unique when walking down the street. I don't have, nor have I ever had, nor will I ever have blue or pink or purple hair. I have no tattoos (yet). The closest thing I have to uniqueness in the way I look is that I wear two earrings in my left ear and one in my right. (Every time I get my hair cut, my hair dresser asks if I've lost an earring in my right ear.)

So, in an attempt to live up to our delusions of uniqueness, we decided that we wanted to have our wedding on Christmas Day which happened to be a Friday in 1992. We thought it would be romantic, unusual, and would provide us with a great table topic for years to come. Fortunately (though at the time we thought it was unfortunate) our pastor had the good sense to say "no". He did however marry us on the following day - Saturday, December 26, 1992.

The church was still just as lovely with it's Christmas decorations (our church is particularly beautiful at Christmas), and our wedding was still just as romantic. We even still have a great table topic. (How many people do you know who were married on the day after Christmas?)

All in all, I think it was a great day to get married. A little cold, and a little icy, but that didn't keep us from enjoying the beauty of it one bit.

6 Comments:

At 9/26/2005 11:58 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

It was wonderful and beautiful and I still remember making you laugh like crazy as I sung my solo. How could you have not mentioned that , my dear?

I mean, we remember the story again and again and again!

 
At 9/26/2005 12:01 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Make that making you and your bridesmaids laugh as your groom looked at you in bewilderment as I sang that lovely, romantic solo...

I believe that miracles and dreams come true
My prayers were answered when I found you...
Tell me you love me again and again

 
At 9/26/2005 1:47 PM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

awww. sweet story. I love the way my church looks around the holidays, and to have those decorations be a part of your wedding day must have been really special.

 
At 9/26/2005 6:33 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

BG, you are a stinker...that's all I've got to say about that.

Kristi, it was really beautiful. I wanted to post a picture of it, but all my photos are packed away in preparation for our move. :(

 
At 9/27/2005 10:54 AM, Blogger Heather wrote:

My friend Kirsten was married the day after Christmas in an absolutely gorgeous ceremony. I can see why you chose that day.

 
At 9/28/2005 2:10 AM, Blogger Rodney Olsen wrote:

My beautiful bride and I married on the 12th of December 1992.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home