Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Friday Family Photo

Saturday, September 24, 2005


From now on, Fridays will be Friday Family Photo day at the Geekwif. (Except this week when it is Saturday Family Photo day.) Of course, if I run out of old family photos, I'll just have to change that theme, but for now it seems like a good idea.


For our first ever Friday Family Photo, I'd like to share with you the face of my Grandma. She passed away in May of 2004, but she is still one of the most beloved people in my life. This is her graduation picture, taken in 1930, when she was 18 years old. Family members looking at this photo have told me that I look a lot like her, but I don't see it. Nonetheless, I've always loved this photo.

Of course, this was long before I ever knew her. Next week's Friday Photo will be a picture of Grandma, the way I remember her.

2 Comments:

At 9/25/2005 7:48 PM, Blogger Ginger wrote:

What a sweet face! I would have enjoyed knowing someone who wore that expression.

 
At 9/25/2005 8:29 PM, Blogger Heather wrote:

I can see a resemblance to your profile pic. What a sweet tribute to yourt Grandma.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home