Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Excuses Excuses....

Monday, October 17, 2005


I thought I should check in and let you know that the Geekwif's blog hasn't been shut down, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, and I do plan to post again soon. Yes, I do have excuses for not posting in the past several days. I'll leave it to you to decide whether they are valid excuses or not.

Excuse #1: My PC is still not working. It would have been fixed by my favorite Geek by now if not for the fact that we have had other things occupying our time lately. He is planning on working on it this evening so hopefully I'll have it back by tomorrow. I really need to become a one computer girl. My Mac never throws diva fits like my Windows PC does.

Excuse #2: I started a new job last week. I've been a full-time homemaker since March and loving it, but it has come to the point where we need the money so I took a temp job which will last through the end of the year. We're hoping that in a couple years I can go back to the homemaker thing again, but for now.... So the point of all that is this: I'm not used to having something outside of home eating up 9-10 hours out of my day. I'm still trying to remember how I used to juggle all this stuff in the few hours that are left. This isn't a pity party. I'm simply stating a fact. I'll let you know when I figure it all out. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Excuse #3: We were out of town again on Saturday. We went up to the lot to caulk a corner on the camper that was coming apart. Then we went to the Geek's grandparents for lunch and stopped by his parent's lot to check on some trees that they planted earlier this year. Sunday was declared a no-work-day by the Geek. After church, I did a couple loads of laundry and tried to read a book but ended up taking a 2-hour nap instead.

Excuse #4: My sister-in-law provided us with a fresh hit of Battlestar Galactica on VHS and DVD as well as the first season of Lost on DVD. Since we don't have cable, she has to keep us supplied by taping episodes of BSG. We're caught up now through the 2nd season. Last night we had the DVD extras from season 1 to watch. As for Lost, we've never seen it, but she assured us that we would become instantly addicted - just what we need. Tonight will be grocery shopping/computer fixing/laundry folding night among other things, so we won't be starting Lost just yet. If you're really really lucky, I might just get around to posting my "All About Me Monday" tonight.

So there you have it. And I am so out of time now that it's not even funny. I have to leave for work in 3 minutes and I haven't done hair or makeup yet.

Oops - 2 minutes....

4 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 10:22 AM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

I started watching BSG with season 2 and I downloaded the entire season one (pirate tapes, not the box set with extras). I need to find time to watch them. An entire season, even a 13 episode cable season is a lot to catch up on.

 
At 10/17/2005 5:07 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Yellojkt - It might take a while to catch up but it's worth it. Have you seen the series premiere mini-series? You should see that too. We watched it after having watched all of season 1 and it explains a lot of things that you might not pick up from watching the series itself.

 
At 10/17/2005 6:16 PM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

All valid excuses in my book! Not to worry. And I've heard the same thing about Lost. I don't watch it myself, but I've been meaning to rent the first season on DVD. You'll have to let me know if it's as addicting as people say it is!

 
At 10/19/2005 4:45 AM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

I did watch the miniseries which helps a lot. The rest I am picking up from the flashbacks and context.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home