Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

The Wednesday Weblink

Wednesday, October 26, 2005


Each Wednesday I will be sharing one of my favorite links with you. This week I'm introducing a new favorite of mine.

A few nights ago the Geek was up in the middle of the night with a cold that wouldn't let him sleep (which, I might add, he so graciously passed on to me - thanks a lot, honey). While he was up, however, he stumbled upon a link to one of the funniest websites I've ever seen. It's called
Prangstgrup ("Pranks Group" in German).

The idea is that these people go around pulling different public pranks and taping them. They aren't mean to people or invasive of their privacy. They just make people turn their heads in wonder. They are hilarious. We were laughing so hard it hurt.


I would especially recommend the Musicals (Lecture Musical and Library Musical) and Startup Sound is funny too...and Public Hygiene...and Silent Dance Party.... Oh heck, just watch them all.

Warning: Most of he pranks we watched were pretty clean, but a couple were questionable, so I wouldn't recommend watching them if your kids are nearby.

Another Warning: We have cable internet so they downloaded pretty quickly. If you have dialup, I would expect them to take a while. Sorry.

2 Comments:

At 10/29/2005 5:45 AM, Blogger Me wrote:

Hey Geekwif! I was over at Michele's and didn't feel like playing the Meet and Greet, because I always seem to land on blogs that I just don't enjoy very much, so I thought to myself, "instead of going to some random blog of someone you might not enjoy reading their thoughts, why not go to one that you have always enjoyed?" and so I landed here at yours. I'm so glad you had such a happy wake-up call the morning that you were the site of the day!

I do hope you're feeling better. (Although I have to confess that the two benefits of being sick with a head cold is having an excuse to stay in bed all day and then the loopiness that comes from being on Nyquill...)

 
At 10/30/2005 10:54 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I know you've got a cold, but it's time to post, dearie!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home