Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

What A Lovely Surprise!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005


It's 6 am and I'm normally not up these days until about 6:30. My bladder and my head cold woke me from sweet slumber with no hope of reprise at about 5:40 this morning. The bladder I'm used to waking me up. Not so much with the head cold. Bleaccchhhh. The right side of my head feels like it's going to explode. I really hate that.

So anyway, I got up and of course the first thing I ever do in the morning is login to my computer. After I let my bladder have its way, blew my nose three times (or was it four?) and started some water for tea, I sat down and checked my email.

Hmmmm. That's strange. I had about 10 emails telling me people had commented to my chocolate post. Now I did expect it to garner some amount of discussion since just about everyone seems to have a strong opinion one way or another about the topic, but I didn't expect quite that many in one morning.

So I dug in and started reading them. Blog comments always take precedence over other emails you know. As I read the first words from JennyPenny, "let me be the first to congratulate you..." I thought, "Congratulate me? For what?" Honestly, the only thing I could think of in that split second before I finished her sentence was that she might be congratulating me for my new title.

Then I finished the sentence. "...on being the site of the day at micheles...."

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that kept me from screaming out loud and waking my dear sleeping Geek was my incredible capacity for squashing my emotions into my head and never letting them escape my mouth. Although I'm pretty sure at that moment that my eyes were as big as saucers and my jaw dropped to a previously unachieved low.

My fingers on mouse and keyboard did a 50 yard dash through cyberland where I threw open my comments for the day and devoured them all. And they all said the same. "Hi Michele sent me!" "Hello, Michele sent me!" "Michele sent me to visit the site of the day!" "Came via Michele today." "Hi Geekwif! Michele sent me..." Oh so many "Michelle sent me's"!

My next stop was Michele's world to be sure it was true. Not that I don't believe all of you darling readers who came to visit today, but sometimes a girl just has to see the good news for herself. And there it was. My very own description by the illustrious Michele.

"Please go say hello to Geekwif. She is engaging, amusing, and she has a chocolate request."

And so many of you did! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to everyone who comes to visit chez Geekwif today! I will attempt to return the visit to you all within the next few days. And please read on for the chocolate request.

23 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 7:40 AM, Blogger Bec of the Ladies Lounge wrote:

Well, let me be the first on your Michele post to say Hello, Michele sent me!
Guess what? I hate chocolate too. Well, most of all I hate that on the two or three days of the year when I actually do feel like a chocolate nibble, the massive block that I've noticed in the fridge the day before is suddenly gone and my chocoholic husband looks at me all innocent like, What? Since he consumes chocolate like air, he can't see that I could reasonably expect a block the size of a house brick to still be there a day later... I guess we, the chocolateless, will never truly commune with the chocoholics of the world. sigh.

 
At 10/25/2005 7:48 AM, Blogger Erin wrote:

Congratulations!! Michele sent me, of course, and now I'm going to read your chocolate request. (One of my favorite topics!)

 
At 10/25/2005 7:49 AM, Blogger Heather wrote:

Hi Geekwif! Congratulations!

Oh, and Michele sent me! ;-)

 
At 10/25/2005 7:50 AM, Anonymous Nancy wrote:

Congrats! Michele sent me.

I don't hate chocolate, but it hates me. It gives me a headache. How about Chocoless. Instead of Chocolat. As in the movie Chocolat, which was a great movie.

 
At 10/25/2005 8:12 AM, Blogger Trista wrote:

Hello, Michelle sent me! Congrats on being her site of the day!

I have a strange relationship with chocolate. For months, I won't touch the stuff, but then every once in a while, I go on this chocolate binge where I crave chocolate all the time. I guess I have a love/hate relationship with chocolate.

By the way, I love the pictures of your cat in your " Autumn Camping Trip" post. He looks like such a sweetie.

 
At 10/25/2005 8:22 AM, Blogger Karen wrote:

Yay for being Site of the Day! Don't you feel like Queen for the Day? Enjoy every moment of it. Michele sent me....

 
At 10/25/2005 8:50 AM, Blogger Tyra wrote:

Congrats on being site of the day!

Hope your head cold leaves you soon!

Michele sent me!

 
At 10/25/2005 9:05 AM, Anonymous colleen wrote:

Funny, the blog I was just at also mentioned asked us what our favorite candy was and I said dark mint chocolate. Hello from michele's...the fairy blog godmother.

 
At 10/25/2005 9:18 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

wow! How cool. Michele didn't send me (I visit your blog daily anyway!), but I am seriously impressed. I bet being chosen will make your cold a little more tolerable today. Yay!

 
At 10/25/2005 9:25 AM, Blogger Miss Cow is a Cow wrote:

Hello Michele sent me!!

 
At 10/25/2005 9:39 AM, Blogger novaks8 wrote:

Hi!

Isn't it great to be the site of the day?




Michele sent me!

 
At 10/25/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Indigo wrote:

Congrats on being the site of the day!!! Michele sent me, lovely to see you again. :-)

 
At 10/25/2005 2:10 PM, Blogger rashbre wrote:

You have an interesting site and I shall take a look around. I find chocolate quite agreeable but that some American chocolate (eg Hershey) has an antiseptic taste.

Belgian chocolate will be one of the top goodies and I do like Green and Black's Maya Gold.

But enough - I want to read more of your posts!

and Hello, Michele sent me!

rashbre

 
At 10/25/2005 3:31 PM, Blogger used*to*be*me* wrote:

Hello. Michele sent me. I have a love hate relationship with chocolate. I can go weeks without and then there are times all I want is chocolate. Weird.

 
At 10/25/2005 5:03 PM, Blogger FattyPants wrote:

chocolateless = depression

Congrats on being site of the day. Michele sent me :)

 
At 10/25/2005 5:45 PM, Blogger Alisha wrote:

Congratulations, Geekwif! I've seen you on so many other blogs, but I've never been here...how have I lived?;) I am off to explore more of your site. Enjoy the day!

 
At 10/25/2005 6:04 PM, Blogger Vanessa wrote:

Hello, Michelle sent me!

Congrats on being site of the day!

 
At 10/25/2005 6:05 PM, Blogger Barbara wrote:

Congratulations! Michele sent me - I'm going to read the famous chocolate post now.

 
At 10/25/2005 6:44 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills wrote:

Hi....
Michele sent me and I too, am going to read the chocolate post, right now......(I just fell into a chocolate diabetic coma....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!)

 
At 10/25/2005 9:21 PM, Blogger ~Cathy~ wrote:

Michelle sent me too! Congrats!!!

 
At 10/25/2005 10:00 PM, Blogger IndyPindy wrote:

Ooooh, chocolote...I can't have that...sigh.

But I came to say hi...Michele sent me!

 
At 10/26/2005 10:27 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Belated congratulations on the SOTD! how sad is it that your best friend is the last to know? Well, I better get my blog hat screwed tightly back on, right?!?!

So far, my favorite suggestion is Chocoless.

I would combine it: Chocoless Crusader.

 
At 10/26/2005 8:25 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Bec - My husband is a chocolate eater too. Every once in a while, when I'm feeling particularly generous and self-sacrificing, I'll bake up a batch of chocolate chip cookies for him. (Apparently I make good choc. chip cookies.) He is always very appreciative of this since he knows that I don't like even the smell of the stuff.

Erin, Heather, Karen, Tyra, Colleen, Kristi, Sarah, Novaks8, Indigo, Rashbre, Fattypants, Alisha, Vanessa, Barbara, ~Cathy~, and Indypindy - Thanks to all of you for your comments! It's been so fun to read them all. I'm going to try to visit all your blogs soon, but it might take a few days to do it.

Nancy - I never saw the movie, Chocolat. I suppose it couldn't be too bad since it wouldn't mean I would have to eat or smell Chocolate. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add Chocoless to my list of possibilities.

Trista, Keb - That's funny. It seems like most people either love it or hate it. Well, actually most love it and a few hate it. Personally, I think I have a hate/hate relationship with chocolate. Oh and Trista, he is a sweetie indeed. :)

Oldlady of the hills - hmmmm. You might be in for a surprise....

Blond Girl - It is sad. And yes, you should get your blog hat screwed tightly back on! :D Not that I have any right to judge considering my track record lately, though I do check on yours daily...just in case.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home