Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 24, 2005


Happy Thanksgiving to anyone (especially those of you who live here in the US) who might stumble across my blog today. I wish you all a wonderful day filled with all the particular joys of this holiday like overstuffed (but not painfully so) bellies, good sleepy naps, and tables that look as lovely as the one in this picture. (Okay, my table has never looked like that, but it is lovely don't you think?)

Of course, if you want to avoid the nap part, you could always come take a walk in the brisk weather we're having here today. That'll wake you up! I promise!

In the spirit of the holiday, it seems the thing to do is to list the things I am grateful for. Well, I do have much to be grateful for - a roof over my head, sweet fluffy kitties who love to be loved, a job that pays reasonably well, the promise of building a dream home next year. There is one thing I am most grateful for though, and that is my sweet Geek. He is my source of sanity when I don't even want to be sane. He can make me smile even when I don't want to smile. One glimpse of his goofy grin coming through the door each night and all the annoyances of the day don't seem so important anymore. He is the one person in this world that I trust and love above all others, and I am so very grateful for him.

Ahem. (Sorry for the sap blitz there.) So to all of you, have a wonderful, beautiful Thanksgiving day! I hope you are able to remember all the reasons you have to be grateful today.

6 Comments:

At 11/24/2005 8:30 AM, Blogger Me wrote:

Thanks for the sap blitz. It makes single people like me think that maybe true love is real and not something they made up for the movies. I'm glad you and Geek have each other--it's sweet.

Happy Thanksgiving!

(What's your current count, by the way? Rah Rah Rah)

 
At 11/24/2005 9:38 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! We really have much to be thankful for, don't we? And sap is allowed today!

 
At 11/25/2005 5:26 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Wonderful post! Of course, I have to wonder how The Geek would feel hearing what I am sure he considers a "devestating smile" coined a "goofy grin"... tee hee

Happy day, GW. I am glad November is almost over. I am ready to take you away from Pearl for awhile and have some fun. I miss you girl!

 
At 11/25/2005 7:11 PM, Blogger Oreo wrote:

I hope you & your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be careful with that turkey! Mom just tolded me it's got a sleepin drug in it! She shoulda tolded me afore....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 
At 11/30/2005 6:43 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

OK, when I have checked your blog 10 successive times with nothing new, I find myself fraught with frustration and unanswered curiosity. What's up with Geekwif? How is the novel coming? Is she still my best friend? Does she have two questions for me? You must answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 11/30/2005 10:13 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Sorry, BG, been a bit busy. See tonight's post for your answers!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home