Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

I DID IT!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005


WOO HOO! I finished my novel at 50,096 words (50,156 by NaNoWriMo's count for some reason - what the heck, I'll take it) tonight after spending the entire evening finishing up the last 4,835 words in one night. I am dreadfully tired and completely unable to form a coherent sentence in what is now a head full of mush which might once have been a brain, but I am deliriously proud of myself.

So congratulations to me! And congratulations to my favorite geek too, who finished at an impressive 50,307 words! Congratulations to the whole silly bunch of us NaNoWriMo winners! What can I say?

We rock!

6 Comments:

At 11/30/2005 11:51 PM, Blogger Me wrote:

That's amazing! Congratulations! I'm so impressed! Wow.

Wow.

So roughly, how many pages is that? And what would a three paragraph synopsis of your book tell us about it?

 
At 12/01/2005 9:03 AM, Blogger Indigo wrote:

I'm sooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!! I've been waiting for the news! Is that right, did you husband write too? How cool is that?

I had to remove all my buddies from my nano so that I could circulate my user page without compromising my blog .... just in case the parents decided to visit *gasp* someone else's blog and *gasp* came to mine through their blogroll! LOL!

 
At 12/01/2005 12:55 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

2 4 6 8 Who do we appreciate?
Geekwif wrote till she was done
and now we're glad that she has won!
Woo! Woo! Gooooooo GEEKWIF!

Again, I may be your cheerleader, but don't look to see me in a mini skirt and midriff shirt! I might shake a pom pom or two for you though.

Congrats to you and the Geek! I am proud of you and ready to get you back into our world!

 
At 12/01/2005 6:01 PM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

Wow is all I can say. I am so impressed that you've completed this project, and done something I've only ever talked about doing. You should be 100% deliriously proud of your accomplishment.

 
At 12/02/2005 8:27 AM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

I'm impressed. Especially that you can do the last 10% in one day. A true grace under pressure person.

 
At 12/03/2005 8:07 AM, Blogger Paul wrote:

Congratulations. Good Going!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home