Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Progress Check

Thursday, November 10, 2005


Just a quick post on my way out the door. I must lament the fact that my beloved progress meter is gone! Alas, I loved him for but a few days, and then he left me, cold and friendless. Well, hopefully not friendless.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who loved the NaNoWriMoProMe (National Novel Writing Month Progress Meter). The creator had to take it off line because he couldn't handle the bandwidth. Getting nasty messages from the ISP and such.

So I am meterless once again. It was a bittersweet experience. If you are desperate to know how far I am on my novel, and I know you are, you can always check up on my progress at my profile on the NaNo site.

For those who took the time to come read this, I'll tell you now, I'm at 13337. A bit behind (I blame Blond Girl for inviting me to go shopping at Michael's last night!), but I have tomorrow off so I can catch up and perhaps even get ahead a bit!

Now I must go, for the people who pay me to sit at a computer all day are anxiously awaiting my arrival. Ciao!

3 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 2:00 PM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

Still so very impressed with your dedication to this project. Will you make the whole thing available for reading once you're done?

 
At 11/11/2005 11:13 AM, Blogger Indigo wrote:

You are doing great on the word count! And thanks for all the great comments yesterday. I was in a bit of a funk. LOL!

Now, I'm off to see your nano profile....

 
At 11/12/2005 11:40 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Hey, no fair blaming! You're an adult who can make up her own mind. 'Sides, it was only one hour and YOU NEEDED IT!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home