Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Merry Christmas!

Saturday, December 24, 2005


This is the first Christmas ever that I have not felt very "Christmas-y". The gifts are all wrapped and ready for our family celebration this afternoon/evening, but I never decorated the house and haven't really had Christmas on my mind much lately.

I'm sure I'll feel better when we get to my parents' house. They'll have the Christmas tree up and decorated with all the old ornaments I remember from my childhood. Mom did lots of baking this year, so there will be treats galore - though I'm not sure how much I'll be eating. My stomach is still not quite back to normal.

I'll be heading out to my kitchen shortly to start the appetizers I'm bringing with us. Hot spinach dip and stuffed mushrooms. Yummy!

Tomorrow we head out to my Geek's grandparents' place about 1 1/2 hours away. It will be a nice drive and it takes us right by our lot where we'll be building next year so we'll get to stop and see what it looks like all covered in a sparkling blanket of pure white snow. That will be nice.

All in all, it should be a very nice Christmas spent with family, celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus who came to save us. I wish you all the same!

Have a very, very Merry Christmas!

5 Comments:

At 12/24/2005 10:54 AM, Blogger Debra wrote:

A very merry Christmas to you and your family! I'm glad I met you this year in Blogland... I know what you mean about not feeling Christmassy--I've felt kind of strange about the whole thing this year--I am thinking God wants me to handle Christmas differently next year...hmmm... not sure what that means yet! :) Thanks for your encouraging comments at my blog! God bless... Debra

 
At 12/24/2005 11:40 AM, Anonymous hot rod mama wrote:

Anxiously awaiting your arrival. The appetizers sound de-e-lish!

Yes, I did do a lot of baking this year - thanks to a very helpful and efficient housekeeper who helped with the 'standing up' parts of the baking. We made lots of CHOCOLATE (I have to think of the geek too, you know)goodies this year but don't worry, I adapted some recipes just for you. Can anyone out there imagine turtles without the chocolate?!

About the tree, Daddy Warbucks dragged it down from the attic, set it up and low and behold, it doesn't fit in the living room - not ANYWHERE :~{ Well, with the exception of the middle of the living room floor. We didn't think about the piano taking up so much space. But we made adaptations that I hope you will like.

See you soon - and to all you bloggers who frequent this site, hope you have a very Blessed Christmas. Jesus is truly the reason for the season. No Happy Holidays or Holiday trees here. Let's keep CHRIST in Christmas.

Blessings to all -
Hot Rod Mama Warbucks

 
At 12/25/2005 9:02 AM, Blogger Oreo wrote:

Merry Christmas to you & your family!

 
At 12/25/2005 8:41 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

Have a Merry Christmas yourself. We had a quiet Christmas with no travel this year and I enjoyed the change of pace.

 
At 12/28/2005 7:45 PM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

Hope your Christmas was wonderful! Looking forward to reading all about it.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home