Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

My Blog Is Tired...

Wednesday, December 14, 2005


...or is it just me? I'm not quite sure anymore. Actually, I would love to be blogging more; I have some wonderful ideas for posts that I gathered over the past month or two, but I'm just – well, tired.

Blond Girl gave me a bit of a written swift kick in the mm hmm today for not blogging and I'm sure I deserve it, but the fact is, shortly after nano was over I got sick and I am still suffering the effects of it. Once in a while I think I'm feeling better (like Saturday when BG and I went shopping), but then I start to feel blecchhy all over again. No fun. Trust me.

And now I've managed to be guilty of two of my worst pet peeves: making excuses, and complaining. Actually I'm guilty of three. I really hate when people start sentences with "and".

So what it comes down to is that my head hurts and doesn't like me staring at a big bright white computer screen and any energy I have right now must be expended on things like laundry and work and maintaining my friend's website. (<-- please note the shameless plug for friend Mark David Williams who just released a new Christmas CD.)

I hope to be back soon. I've got stuff to say and that almost never happens in "real life".

For right now, I think I'll go to bed....

8 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger Heather wrote:

I hope you feel better soon!

Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/15/2005 7:04 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

I was wondering where you went! Please come back. You're missed.
:(

 
At 12/15/2005 8:15 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I hope you feel better too. And sorry for being the meanie who kicked you in the hmm mmm...

See you Saturday and I promise to lay off on the blogging! (well, for a month, at least)

 
At 12/15/2005 11:49 AM, Blogger Indigo wrote:

I hope you are feeling better!

 
At 12/15/2005 4:32 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

Never complain. Never explain. Blog when and where you want. I do feel sorry if you've been under the weather. Get better soon.

 
At 12/15/2005 5:18 PM, Blogger Sharon wrote:

Hey -- just get better! That's the important thing.

Though it's belated, Congratulations with many exclamation marks on the NaNoWriMo win! That is exciting!

 
At 12/16/2005 3:13 PM, Anonymous hotrodmama wrote:

You're right. You never were a complainer. That remarkable trait comes from your Dad.

I'm praying for you, honey. I know how hard it is to be sick when there's so much to be done.

Love ya! XXXOOOXO
Remember when we used to put all those hugs and kisses on Grandma's letters? Precious memories.

Oh, yeah, about Mark's CD. We have an authographed copy from his concert (I got a hu-u-ugg!!) :~) and it's GREAT! Should have seen the concert. Wow!

 
At 1/26/2006 8:10 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

oh my gosh i loooove starting sentences with 'and!'

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home