Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Playing Along With MissMeliss

Thursday, December 01, 2005


After a month of writing like crazy myself, I thought it would be appropriate to make YOU do the writing this time.

If you read this, if your eyes are passing over this right now, (even if we don’t speak often) please post a comment with a COMPLETELY MADE UP AND FICTIONAL memory of you and me. It can be anything you want - good or bad - BUT IT HAS TO BE FAKE. When you’re finished, post this little paragraph on your blog and be surprised (or mortified) about what people DON’T ACTUALLY remember about you.

Consider it a short writing exercise, just something to waste a few minutes of time, if you like.

8 Comments:

At 12/02/2005 8:31 AM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

I do remember that night you and I had by the lake You were so drunk on Boone's Farm Apple that I had to carry you all the way back to the cabin. I can't possibly put this on my blog since my parents read it, but I will always treasure the memory of holding back your hair as you booted and rallied.

 
At 12/02/2005 9:42 PM, Anonymous hotrodmama wrote:

Oh, my! There are so many non-memories, it's hard to choose.
How about the time you brought home the chocolate covered spiders and you and I spent the entire afternoon pigging out (or is it spidering out?) on the delectible delights.
Love, Mom ;~}




















































.

 
At 12/02/2005 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

P.S.
Congrats! I'm proud of you.
Now can I read it? Ple-e-e-ase?

 
At 12/02/2005 9:48 PM, Anonymous hotrodmama wrote:

NO! Not anonymous. It's me. Hotrodmama. Oh, I will never get the hang of these precocious monsters.

 
At 12/02/2005 9:51 PM, Anonymous Hotrodmama wrote:

Just one more. It's delectAble. So nobody's perfect, right?

 
At 12/03/2005 11:56 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I still remember the time we had that sleepover party and stayed up half the night plotting how you were going to steal The Geek from that little priss he was dating. I told you I'm a good stratagist; my plan obviously worked!

 
At 12/04/2005 1:41 PM, Blogger Claire wrote:

So I remember the day we first met - learning how to skydive...? The instructor kept weirding us out with his odd pronunciations and terrible b.o.

( You SAID "even if we don't speak often." How about if we've NEVER spoken? I found you through "Sojournings" blog...Hi! Congrats on the NanNoWriMo achievement! Impressive.)

 
At 12/14/2005 12:22 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

um... NaNoWriMo is so o-VER! Time to blog again, don't you think?
;-)

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home