Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Childlike Wonder

Saturday, January 14, 2006


One of my favorite blogs to read daily is As I See It Now. She has a particular way of putting life into perspective that is refreshing, entertaining, and thought-provoking all at once. During the months of November and December I was mostly AWOL from blog world, so I am now catching up on a few of my favorite blogs that I missed those months. Her's is one - possibly the only - that I am reading every one of, or nearly so anyway.

Today I am up to her January 5th post, where she spoke of enjoying the mysteries with which God has infused our lives, even when some would ridicule or shame us for doing so. She used, as an example, the famous letter to The Star editor by Virginia O'Hanlon in 1897, which was answered so brilliantly by Francis P. Church.

Of course, I had heard of the letter and its response, but I had never read it in it's entirety until today. She quoted a line that was so enticing that I had to follow her link to the letter. I was so inspired by it that I thought I would share it here today.

His letter, in a way, outlines the manner in which I would like to live my life – full of wonder and childlike delight, never falling into the trap of believing only what my eyes can see and fingers can touch.

So without further ado, despite the fact that it is a little late for Christmas, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did. (Just follow the links below.)

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus
Debra's Post, Everyday Magic
As I See It Now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home