Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Holy Mama!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006


I have a story to tell, but not enough time to tell it before I go to work this morning. Instead, I want to take a moment to take care of some urgent business. I must express my gratitude to one who seems to have become my biggest fan. Ever since she found me recently, she has been showering me with accolades; whether deserved or undeserved I will let you, my bountiful meager readership decide. She even mentioned me in a meme on her own blog saying she was a "huge fan". Woo hoo! I have a fan! I mean, I know there are a few of you out there who read on a fairly regular basis, but seriously guys, none of you have ever been so uttery flattering as to call yourselves my fans.

I could not simply disregard such noble deeds, so I decided I should give public (all 3 or 4 of you) thanks to my new biggest fan. Not only does she excel at flattery, she has her own blog and is witty, just sarcastic enough to be highly entertaining, intelligent, SAHM of three (?) (which is always a big plus in my book), good clean fun (well, there was that time when she answered the door somewhat unclothed and it was the pastor, but you know, who hasn't?) and...well, she makes me laugh and that can be a rare commodity these days. Plus, she's tripled my stats by coming back several times a day to check for a new post and that, if nothing else, is worth some serious kudos.

So, without further ado (adieu? adoux? adu? I have no idea)...

Large amounts of thanks and gratitude to Holy Mama! Please please please everyone, go visit her. She is so worth reading and I know she'll love the company, especially since she's fairly new to this whole blogging thing.

Have a happy day, HM! I hope this will bring a few extra hits your way.

2 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 1:51 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

Oh MY GOSH, I just SNOTTED my screen when I saw that picture. (have a bit of a cold). What a lovely lovely shock. Seriously, no one else has so publicly professed adoration? I have no shame, I admit it. I adore the Geekwif. (And, Bonus! Now I don't need that tissue...)

 
At 1/25/2006 12:12 PM, Blogger Me wrote:

I, too, adore the Geekwif. I seem to remember using pompoms during the novel writing month...

Loved your Four Things. Hope you're not too cold up there in the coldland.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home