Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

It's My Pity Party And I'll Cry If I Want To

Friday, January 20, 2006


This morning, before heading off to the cube farm for a good day's work, I wrote a post that will forever live in infamy in my own mind. It was brilliant, I tell you, b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t. As soon as I finished it, I had a not-so-brilliant moment and deleted it.

Actually I hit the back button on my browser instead of the link I should have chosen and then, rather than hitting the forward button, which is what any person of average intelligence and computer literacy would have done, I closed the window. No, I'm not blonde, though I don't blame you if you're asking that right now. (Sorry BG.) My only excuse is that I am truly, incredibly stupid in the morning. Brilliant, but stupid...if that makes any sense at all.

I've been wracking my brain all day, in between exciting adventures in software training, to remember just what it was that was so brilliant, but I can't remember it. There are only bits and pieces but I can't form them into what they once were, so now it is lost forever. I'm very disappointed. Can you tell?

So it will have to suffice to say that I found something horrible on my head today – something that doesn't belong on my 34-year-old head. Don't get it yet? It was the wrong color. Yeah. Now, don't any of you dare use that word in a comment. You know the one. It's a four-letter-word starting with the same letter as my name. I'll delete it, I swear!

So on top of my bad hair day, now I'm suffering from – um, wrong-hair-coloredness, for lack of a better word. Comment with your condolences on the loss of my youth if you wish, but I really mean it when I say, don't use that word! I might just be forced to pitch a temper tantrum, and believe me when I say, you don't want to see that.

8 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 8:44 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

This happened to me last week. I'm 30. (It must be the 4 kids) But it was NOT the g word. There were two little nasty ones, right in front where my bangs are. WHITE. White, I tell you. THere were no clues whatsoever in my parents' hair that this could happen anywhere near this year. I mean, a few months ago I was still in my 20s. Hello? WHITE? That's crazy. Must blame the kids.

 
At 1/21/2006 7:12 AM, Blogger Oreo wrote:

Sorry about your post. If you had hit the recover post link at the bottom, instead of closing the window, you could havee gotten it back that way too. Sorry about your wrong coloredness (is that even a word:)) too. Mom gets those every once in a while, she just pulls them out.

 
At 1/21/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1/21/2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

Well, if it's any concilation, I'm 29 and I started finding that wrong color a few years ago. So, consider yourself lucky! Anyway, I agree with the others. Just yank them out. Out of sight, out of mind!

 
At 1/21/2006 2:57 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

I lost too many brilliant witty thoughts that way myself. That's why now I draft in Word and save before cutting and pasting into blogger.

 
At 1/22/2006 2:51 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

I'm new here, and confess to being a little addicted. I'd like updated posts hourly, please. Thanks. (If your stats have taken a sharp hike lately, that's me checking on you constantly. Feel loved, not stalked.)

 
At 1/22/2006 9:54 PM, Anonymous Amka wrote:

Only one wrong colored hair?

Sigh... I got my first when I was 21. DH remedied it by pulling it out. But alas, another appeared, and another and soon I had to tell him that if he continued to pluck my hairs that were the-color-that-shall-not-be-named, I would be bald!

Maybe we should start a support group.

Hi. My name is Amka. I am 34, and I color my hair.

 
At 1/24/2006 9:44 PM, Blogger princssis wrote:

Sorry, Geekwif. I feel your pain.

Can I join the support group?

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home