Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

A Party, A Contest, And A Prize (For You!)

Thursday, January 26, 2006


This past Sunday was the Geek's company Holiday party. I'm not quite sure what holiday they were celebrating: perhaps the week-after-Martin-Luther-King Day, or maybe three-weeks-before-Valentines Day. I don't know.

Anyway, the party was at a local hotel/bar/nightclub/bowling alley/event center. They started off by serving us snacky foods (yummy) while we played bingo (fun, though I didn't win). Then they sent us off to the bowling alley for a while where we bowled under black lights and smoke to music, some good (Seal's Crazy by Alanis) and some really not good (that annoying "Fly" song by the equally annoying Sugar Ray).

I have a theory about that smoke by the way. I think they just recycle the smoke from the bar and then pump it out over the alleys. (Icky, eeewww) After bowling, we went back to the snack room for desserts and prizes. Neither the Geek nor I won anything, but it was fun nonetheless.

The interesting part of this story (to me anyway) is that I bowled my best score ever. I'd tell you what it was, but I don't want to...not yet. First I want you to guess. That's right. YOU get to guess the Geekwif's best bowling score ever. Woo hoo, right?

Not only that, but I'm going to let the winner pick their own prize. Does that make it worth guessing? I hope so. There will, however, be a few ground rules to the "pick your own prize" part.

1) The prize you choose must not involve any monetary expense.
2) It must be something I can do on my blog.
3) It must not be of questionable legal or moral value.
4) You may not "guess" if I have already told you the score.
5) I reserve the right to refuse and make you pick a different prize if I find it unreasonable, illegal, immoral, distasteful, or simply impossible.

The prize will be awarded to the person with the closest guess as of Saturday morning. That's two whole days folks!

So, let the guessing commence! I can't wait to see your guesses and what creative ideas you might have for the prize!

6 Comments:

At 1/26/2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

hmmmm.... I'm going to guess 100. I bowled in a league for two years with my very-good-bowler husband. I was pathetic, to say the least.

 
At 1/26/2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Me wrote:

Since I don't know what normal bowling scores are, can I guess what I think OUGHT to be a good score? Yes, that sounds fun.

My guess is 382 (out of 500).

What color were your bowling shoes?

My prize should be a short little story about your favorite nomad that gives your opinion of what her next job should be...

 
At 1/26/2006 2:19 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

i don't know what a bowling score is either. And is it good to be a big number, or a low number, like in golf?

like sojourning, i'm more interested in your shoes. were they cute, did they smell, and what color?

So, if this isn't cheating, 400 if high is good, 88 if low is good. But techinically that's two, and might now work. And what prize could you possibly award me that would top the glory of the unexpected post you already did? Absolutely nothing - but i don't think it will matter anyway since i am Bowling Ignoramus.

Glad you had fun!

 
At 1/26/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

I'm guessing 150. I've got to think over the prize. I respect you to much to ask for anything humiliating.

 
At 1/27/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Since I consider it a major feat to break 100 and I know you bowl about as often as I do, I am going to guess 107.

There. I stabbed. Award me, please. :=)

 
At 1/27/2006 5:34 PM, Anonymous hotrodmama wrote:

Since you posted this on January 26th, which would have been Grandma's 94th birthday - yes, I cried - I'm going to guess 94.
My prize? Well, I'd say come to dinner but since that's virtually impossible on your blog, how about posting your NaNoWriMo novel - yes, in it's entirety - on your Blogspot?

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home