Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Addenda To The Crazy Post

Thursday, February 16, 2006


1. I decided that perhaps yesterday's post should rightfully have been called "Am I Crazy, Or Is It Just Me?". It made me laugh when I thought about it. Now that it's written down, though, it doesn't look nearly so funny.

2. More revelation has been...um...revealed regarding the state of my sanity which I discussed in yesterday's post.
a. I discovered that the walls of all the hallways are covered in that same fabric. Is that good or bad? I can't decide. Perhaps it's neutral, much like the color of the walls. Seriously, it's the most neutral color I've ever seen. It's not gray, and it's not beige. It's definitely not taupe. It's just neutral. It's like the anti-color.
b. I realized that if I am truly spending my days in a "special place", then all the people I work with are "special" too. Hmm. That does explain a lot.

1 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 4:50 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

So, if I follow your reasoning here... it's actually an excellent thing that you are a more temporary employee than the ones there for the long haul...?

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home