Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Ground Rules

Tuesday, February 21, 2006


After the day I had at work yesterday, I feel that some ground rules need to be established, so here goes...

1) Temporary employees should not be made to work on a holiday when no one else in the department is working.

2) A boss should not be allowed to inform you that you can take a particular holiday off, only to change his mind at the last minute.

3) When speaking with an employee on a holiday, a customer should not be stubborn, obstinate, stupid, beligerent, cranky, incompetent, rude, slow, indecisive, distracted, or otherwise annoying.

Thank you for your attention. That will be all for now.

3 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 7:56 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

That's so unfair that you had to work when no one else is there. But today everyone is back, right? You could always pretend something wonderful happened yesterday and they all missed it. ;)

 
At 2/21/2006 8:54 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

Kristi has a great idea! Did you go sit at a desk without a pencil hole? And a chair that doesn't sink?

 
At 2/22/2006 5:01 AM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

Nobody works on a federal holiday. Even if they are at work. That's the way these holidays are supposed to be.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home