Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

I'm Back, And So Is My Favorite Ice Cream!

Sunday, February 26, 2006


I'm back. Our living room carpet is sparkly clean and life is back to normal...well, relatively normal since the house is going on the market this week.

You'd think that would be important right? WRONG! If you had asked me five minutes ago, I would have said that it was one of the most important things in my life at the moment, but not any more, for I have found the most amazing creation ever imagined. There is nothing so wondrous as this that has ever been created by man. It will change your life. I know it's about to change mine. I have found...


Yes, dear readers, you too can search for your favorite flavor of ice cream. It's sold at a store near you, but do you know which store that is? If not, the Flavor Finder is your friend! I am living proof to this fact and I have a testimony to share today dear people.

See, in the not-too-distant past, I found the most delectable flavor of ice cream. Everyone has a favorite, am I right? We are all different and therefore our favorites are different, but I found that mine was Haagen Daaz Creme Brulee. Smooth, creamy, sweet, carmelized sugar, rich, velvety, yummy heaven on a spoon. For many moons, my ultimate evening of indulgence included a pint of Haagen Daaz Creme Brulee while curled up on the couch in my favorite flannel jammies watching Pride and Prejudice. (The A&E mini-series version, of course!) What could possibly be better?

My ice cream world was complete, until one day when it all came crashing down around me. I went to my usual supplier of that sweet creamy goodness, and when I reached for the pint on it's regular shelf in the freezer case...it was gone! Horror of all horrors! What shall I do? I took a pint of Dulce De Leche instead, but it was just not the same. It simply could not measure up.

I returned the following week, hoping to find that it was just a fluke, but it was not. My dealer had cut me off. I tried other stores in hopes of finding it elsewhere. I had always been faithful to my original supplier, but if they would not give me what I wanted, I would find it elsewhere! Alas, I could not, though I searched and searched.

But today...yes, today I finally found what I have been looking for. It has been many months since I have partaken of that ice cream dream, but very soon now the nightmare will be over. The Flavor Finder showed me the way. All I had to do was type in my zip code and it told me where I could find what I needed. The best part? It's right on my way to work. I've been driving within a block of my favorite ice cream every day for four months now, and I never knew it.

Yes, very soon now I will be stopping at that store. I will not be able to stay away for long. When I do, I cannot promise that the cover will remain sealed until I get home, for I have sincerely missed my dear sweet yummy Creme Brulee.

6 Comments:

At 2/26/2006 8:46 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

ok, you live in a much more well stocked area than I! I just spent an embarassing amount of time on Haagen Daaz' site, and was horrified at the results. THere is no creme brulee within 50 miles, and the only flavor that even had ONE location? Chocolate.

Would it weird you out to know I missed you? Cause I did.

 
At 2/27/2006 6:08 AM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

Well count me weird too, then. :-) But I'm wondering if we need to some sort of intervention on the ice cream...I think it's getting out of hand.

 
At 2/27/2006 7:25 AM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Aaaw, you girls are so sweet to miss me. I hardly even missed me, but I did miss you! Not reading email or blogs was a real drag on Friday and Saturday.

I'm so happy to be back, and don't worry Kelsey, I'd only be weirded out if I found out that you were actually a sixty-year-old man living by himself in a skanky apartment...you're not, are you? (Just kidding of course.)

 
At 2/27/2006 10:45 PM, Blogger Indigo wrote:

I got a coupon for haagen daas too!!! YUM!

I have not once seen (nor read) P&P. Do I suck or what???

OMG, my word verifiation is: wsuuyp. WS UUYP?? lol!

 
At 2/28/2006 6:58 AM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Oh, Indigo, you do not know what you're missing! My recommendation: read the book first, and then see the movie. Just be prepared - it was a miniseries, so it's about 6 hours long, and it's worth every minute!

 
At 3/03/2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I think I may need to stop by for a try. You know it's safe; I can only eat two spoons of icecream and then I must stop or get sick. So no worries that I will steal your favorite - only understand the overwhelming goodness of what you speak.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home