Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

The Answers Are In!!

Saturday, March 04, 2006


Warning! If you have not guessed yet and want to do so, skip straight to the next post down without reading this one!

Do you wanna know the answer? Are you sure? Do you
really want to know the answer?

Well, okay then. Here it is...

1) At the age of 17, I had decided to go to acting school. I was enrolled and everything, but dropped out at the last minute in favor of an office job.
Absolutely, completely and in all ways false. I am terrified of the stage. Actually, there is one true thing about this statement: I started my first office job when I was 17.

2) My first cat's name was Mac. I was five years old and my mom was obsessed with Mac Davis at the time.
My mother was obsessed with Mac Davis – okay, maybe not quite obsessed but she did listen to him quite a bit – but my cat's name was not Mac. Her name was Heidi – after Heidi in the book I was obsessed with at the time, so this one is also false.

3) I grew up listening to country music. Now I hate it.
Well, I do hate country music, but I didn't grow up listening to it. My mother mostly listened to classical and my dad listened to jazz – mostly dixieland jazz – so this one is also false.

4) By the time I graduated from high school, I had lived in 13 different homes.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! This one is absolutely true! Most people ask me if I was an army brat when I tell them this. I was not. We just moved a lot. This does not, however, mean that I have traveled much. All the 13 homes I lived in have been concentrated among South Dakota and Minnesota.

5) I went to a Catholic school, but my family was not Catholic.
Substitute Episcopalian for Catholic and this one would be true. As it is, it's false. I was hoping the uniform in my 1st grade picture up and to the right would fool you into thinking this was true. Tricksy, I am, but apparently not tricksy enough.

Thanks to all who played along. Valiant efforts all around, but congrats go to Kristi, Victory, and Faith for guessing right! Sorry, Kristi. No prize this time. ;) Thanks for reminding me though. I need to post the next installment of HRM's prize soon!


2 Comments:

At 3/04/2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

Wow-that's a whole lot of homes! That's more moves than my mom's had husbands!

 
At 3/06/2006 9:27 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I'm proud of you for not bragging that you stumped me. I expected it. I really did. :-)


I think my post today will surprise you. Party for the content and partly that I wrote something, um, timely.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home