Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Isn't It Lovely, Hmm?

Tuesday, March 28, 2006


Look what I'm getting! I am so stinking excited! Blond Girl had an extremely successful Longaberger catalog party, and she is so incredibly sweet; she gave me one of the three 1/2 price items she earned. That means this gorgeous work of art is mine for only 1/2 the price! Won't it look beautiful outside my new dome home? Woo Hoo!

Yesterday, when BG called to tell me the good news, I couldn't help but let out a little "eeeeeeek". My co-worker actually thought I had sold my house I was so excited!

And while I'm at it, I had to get this as well. This wasn't 1/2 price, but it sure is pretty. It will look lovely hanging near the table and chairs. I can't wait!

8 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 8:06 AM, Blogger Debra wrote:

Oh my...I love them both! I have lots of wrought-iron stuff inside my house and out in my yard... Can't get enough of this stuff--I think it reminds me of similar things inside old mansions in old movies, or something. But whatever, I love it and I hope you will enjoy your new pieces for many years to come. ... Debra

 
At 3/28/2006 8:56 AM, Blogger Praying for your Prodigal wrote:

B-ew-tiful!

Diane

 
At 3/28/2006 9:08 AM, Blogger Susan wrote:

How pretty are those? I hope you take pictures once you have them at your house!

 
At 3/28/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

Those are beautiful! When's the first blog party? :-)

 
At 3/28/2006 9:01 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

The hardest part is going to be storing them while the house is being built....

 
At 3/29/2006 6:54 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

Ohhh... I love them! I'd squel too. But I thought Longaberger was baskets? Maybe I'm wrong.

 
At 3/29/2006 7:32 AM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Jeana, unfortunately, they're going to be in storage for about 6 months or so while we build our home. How about a party when they make their appearance on the deck?

BG, I've got storage, baby! A great big storage space is anxiously awaiting my pretty things, even though their loveliness will be hidden in boxes for a while.

Kristi, their main item is baskets, but they have tons of pottery and wrought iron too. I am a serious Longaberger addict.

 
At 4/03/2006 10:37 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Oh, I didn't mean difficult to store when I said it would be the hardest part. I meant, emotionally hard to wait for them while they're in storage. It's like buying a Christmas gift in May....

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home