Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Just Breathe

Friday, March 10, 2006


I'm trying really hard to breathe. Big. Deep. Breaths.

The house is now on the market which means it must be absolutely, perfectly, 100% spotlessly clean at every moment just in case someone happens to drop by at the last minute to see it.

Sorry, honey, you can't eat dinner until the house sells. I may not have time to wash the dishes before a potential buyer comes. Grrrr.


We did have a showing on Tuesday – the day after the house went on the market. It was very encouraging, but we haven't heard anything from them since. Someone must come and love our house. It's really really cute. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll try to get some good pictures of it to show here. I need some pics of my kitchen anyway for a couple of kitchen memes I promised to do.

Meanwhile the stress is building. The house must sell quickly so we can get started building our new home. We must get bids from contractors, choose our contractors, and create a detailed budget of absolutely everything that will go into building that house to prove to the bank that we are serious and can do this. The current house must be clean at all times. The kitties are gone which stinks because I miss them and because we're spending about an hour over at my parents' house every night to feed, clean boxes, and be sure they're not too lonely...or we're not. I'm not sure which is more accurate.

Anyway, I'm trying to remember that, while it feels right now like our life is a pair of dice that's been thrown and we're hanging in the air at the moment just waiting to see where we might land, it's really all in God's hands. I know He has control of it all. He knows who is going to buy our home and when. He's got our kitties in his hands. He's in control of our building project. If I can just continue to remember that, then perhaps I can continue to breath.

5 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 8:07 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

It sounds like you're very stressed right now, but just think of the very beautiful light (your dome home) at the end of the tunnel, and it will all be worth it. Looking forward to the pictures.

 
At 3/10/2006 8:40 AM, Blogger flipflop wrote:

You're right. Let go, let God.

 
At 3/10/2006 1:09 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

inhale... exhale.... inhale....

so really it'd be good if this sells FAST, right? I'll just pray that, then.

exhale....

 
At 3/10/2006 1:12 PM, Blogger Faith wrote:

I'll pray it sells fast too. It is hard to keep everything perfect for showing.

 
At 3/15/2006 10:09 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Just two words: paper plates :-)

I know. I've been there. And I had a dish washer.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home