Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

On Snow Days and 2nd Exerpts

Monday, March 13, 2006


It's snowing here. This lovely Northland is very very white at the moment, and I'm home. Yup, I'm taking a snow day. The Geek left this morning a few minutes early and called me about 10 minutes later – from the driveway. His little sports car got stuck before he could even leave home.

I went out and helped him get back in the garage, and after realizing that the snow was deeper than the distance from the ground to the bottom of my car, we decided to declare it a snow day. If they come by and plow the alley, I'm still obligated to try to make it to work, but considering that the snow is still falling, I'm thinking the city plows are probably too busy working on actual roads at the moment.

The view from behind my house
Quite white, don't you think?


In the meantime, I've posted the 2nd exerpt from my NaNoWriMo novel. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out my explanation. It's a little something I promised my mom who happened to win a contest and chose this as her prize.

Oh, yeah, one last thing. I'll be posting on the Dome Geeks blog later today. The project is back in progress as we anticipate winter being over soon, so after a long winter's nap, the Dome Geeks blog will be awakening again today. Be sure to stop by and tag along as we make progress on our dream home!

3 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

Snow is so pretty until you have to shovel it. I love fresh snow when it is still on the tree branches. It's one of the prettiest things in the world.

 
At 3/13/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini wrote:

hi geekwif! Just read (over at Holymama!) that you hadn't heard of Beth Moore. Beth would probably be sooo happy to hear that. Seriously. I've done enough of her studies to know that it'd be easy to make her an icon--so NOT what she's going for! She's pointing to Jesus with all her studies, yet the gal is soooo dynamic, you can't help but admire her. If you get a chance, check out Believing God. That's my fave of hers.

Okay, enough preaching from me...go build your dome :-)

 
At 3/13/2006 2:31 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

oooh, i can't wait to come back and read excerpt 2, and the whole dome geek thing!

join in on that beth moore thing, wontcha?

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home