Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Random Stuff Floating Around In My Head

Thursday, March 23, 2006


We have showing today! People are coming to see our house! Pray pray pray people! Pleeeeaaaassse!!! One of our pastors told us how he spoke to his house and told it to sell itself. Well, we're speaking to the house! "Sell yourself, and make yourself look real pretty today for the nice people." Sure it sounds crazy, but God does work in mysterious ways.



I had a dream the other night. It was a movie trailer. Stephen Baldwin played the lead character. I have no idea why. Anyway, I think the movie idea might actually make a good book, but I'm not sure I'm up to writing it. It's got this whole "dark future" kind of thing going on and some pretty serious political themes that would require understanding today's political world and how it might affect the world of the future in say 50 or 100 years. It also requires some historical knowledge that I don't have.

Yes, I could do some research, but this is mostly stuff my husband already understands. He's a bit of a history buff and understands politics much better than I care to. I told him about the dream, thinking I might convince him to write a book about it. He just laughed and said, "That's really weird." Grrr.



Oh, there are so many other things to say, but I have to go get dressed and ready for work and tidy up a few more things around here before I go. I've only got 20 minutes so gotta go!!

Remember, pray!!!

4 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 6:07 AM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

Thought I left a comment yesterday, assuring you I was praying. Maybe Blogger ate it. Anyway, good to see you back!

 
At 3/24/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Kristi wrote:

How did the house showing go? I hope they loved it!

 
At 3/24/2006 7:38 AM, Blogger Praying for your Prodigal wrote:

LOVE someone who blogs....BEFORE they get ready for the day. NOW, we can be friends! :)

diane

 
At 3/24/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Faith wrote:

Hope the showing went well. It is so stressful. Hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home