Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

A Poem For Little B

Thursday, April 13, 2006


My friend, Little B, sent me this picture yesterday and I couldn't resist. A bonus poem today, by yours truly.




Pensive Princess Bec
Staring into space
Spotted a mascara fleck
Upon a lady's face

Pensive Princess Bec
Her big crown, pink and fluffy
Distracted by a moving speck
Or was it a small puppy?

Pensive Princess Bec
Leaned down to kiss the pooch
Just a little tiny peck
Not a full on smooch

Pensive Princess Bec
Now has a friend for sure
And Pensive Princess Bec
Isn't pensive anymore

2 Comments:

At 4/15/2006 10:13 AM, Blogger Ginger wrote:

I've been gone a while, and returned to find you with a different look to your blog and this whole poetry thing going on. Very cool! Love the Princess Bec poem. :)

 
At 4/17/2006 8:18 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Bec would love this. have you sent it to her? she's exactly the type to see a fleck of mascara on someone's face and let it take her to another place. Why is that speck there? Did she rub her eye in fatigue? Was she laughing or wiping away a tear?

Things that make us go hmmm....

Oh, have you been working on your margins? I am accessing your page from IE right now instead of Firefox and your right margin is really huge, and the center column is narrower than at home. I'm wondering if this is a work in progress or just another one of those weird things that EI likes to do to our blogs?

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home