Saturday, April 08, 2006
Welcome home to the Fish and Fishwife!!
My Geek's parents are coming home today! Woo hoo! They've been in Peru for the past 8 months and are coming home a bit earlier than they originally expected. We're heading out to the airport to meet them this morning and I'm quickly running out of time! Must go!
More to come tomorrow about a lovely date night yesterday, but for now, I just found this poem about home and, aside from the inherited gold, it pretty much sums up the life my Geek and I are attempting to create for ourselves. Actually it makes me sound too good, but from what the Geek tells me, he sees me kind of like this anyway. Yeah, I got me a sweet one.
- MY walls outside must have some flowers,
- My walls within must have some books;
- A house that's small; a garden large,
- And in it leafy nooks.
- A little gold that's sure each week;
- That comes not from my living kind,
- But from a dead man in his grave,
- Who cannot change his mind.
- A lovely wife, and gentle too;
- Contented that no eyes but mine
- Can see her many charms, nor voice
- To call her beauty fine.
- Where she would in that stone cage live,
- A self-made prisoner, with me;
- While many a wild bird sang around,
- On gate, on bush, on tree.
- And she sometimes to answer them,
- In her far sweeter voice than all;
- Till birds, that loved to look on leaves,
- Will doat on a stone wall.
- With this small house, this garden large,
- This little gold, this lovely mate,
- With health in body, peace in heart--
- Show me a man more great.
- W.H. Davies