“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
- Went shopping with Blond Girl for an Easter dress (which I haven't done in years!); bought a pretty dress, skirt, cami, top, and two pairs of shoes...among other things.
- Received bad feedback from a realtor who previewed our house (no details – let's just say she really did not like it); panicked and went into freak-out mode until the Geek couldn't take it any longer and told me I needed to mellow out; still in the process of mellowing out.
- Ran a marketing strategy by our realtor which turned out to be a very bad idea.
- Went shopping with Blond Girl again; bought two more pairs of shoes; am pretty sure I now have more shoes than I have owned in my entire lifetime.
- Went to a CD release concert for a good friend; great show and great music.
- Fought bout of jealousy over father-in-law's abundance of time in which he has prepared his land and planted his garden; apparently lost fight as I am still jealous.
- Got a call with a job possibility which may or may not pan out; commence more involuntary stressing and more subsequent attempts to mellow out.
- Made an apple pie with some very tart, very juicy apples – yum.
- Finished reading my second chick-lit novel; this time by Patti Hill; good book; ordered next book in series from the library.
- Currently continuing attempts at mellowing out.