Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

A Few Of The Things I've Been Up To In This Past Week Or Two

Tuesday, May 02, 2006



  • Went shopping with Blond Girl for an Easter dress (which I haven't done in years!); bought a pretty dress, skirt, cami, top, and two pairs of shoes...among other things.
  • Received bad feedback from a realtor who previewed our house (no details – let's just say she really did not like it); panicked and went into freak-out mode until the Geek couldn't take it any longer and told me I needed to mellow out; still in the process of mellowing out.
  • Ran a marketing strategy by our realtor which turned out to be a very bad idea.
  • Went shopping with Blond Girl again; bought two more pairs of shoes; am pretty sure I now have more shoes than I have owned in my entire lifetime.
  • Went to a CD release concert for a good friend; great show and great music.
  • Fought bout of jealousy over father-in-law's abundance of time in which he has prepared his land and planted his garden; apparently lost fight as I am still jealous.
  • Got a call with a job possibility which may or may not pan out; commence more involuntary stressing and more subsequent attempts to mellow out.
  • Made an apple pie with some very tart, very juicy apples – yum.
  • Finished reading my second chick-lit novel; this time by Patti Hill; good book; ordered next book in series from the library.
  • Currently continuing attempts at mellowing out.

3 Comments:

At 5/02/2006 11:38 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

soo jealous. you went shoe shopping. twice!! FOUR new pairs of shoes, and no pictures. huh? and ....? a chicklit i haven't read.

(i ran a marketing strategy by a realtor once, too. oops! they really don't like it when you do that!)

 
At 5/03/2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Holymama also told me she was jealous... too bad she can't see the cute black strappies I bought....

Say, wanna borrow Sweet Girl? She'll either completely make you mellow out or tip you over edge so it's official but at least you won't be caught in the middle trying not to stress... tee hee.

And don't worry about that bad-opinon realtor. Frankly, I think she just isn't a Christian and your home hit all her triggers. I bet you 10 to 1 it's a spiritual thing, not a nose thing.

Oh, and you're going to let me read the Patti Hill books, right? Birkenstocks not withstanding?

:-) Love you! Keep smiling.

 
At 5/03/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

I'm having a hard time figuring out what would freak a Realtor® so much. They've sure shown me some weird places with a straight face. Do tell.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home