Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Graduating From What?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006


WORKER ALERT! The ba-da-da link plays music, so beware if you are reading at work!

I woke up this morning with the Graduation March running through my head. You know the one that goes baaah ba-da-da baaah baaah baaah ba-da-da baaah.

Okay, so it's not proper music notation. Try clicking on the link and you'll hear it. I guess its proper name is Pomp and Circumstance...whatever.

Anyway, I'm not sure why that song was running through my head. I wasn't dreaming about graduation or graduating. In fact, I was dreaming that I had been forcibly hired by the company I'm temping for because my house wasn't selling fast enough and they wanted a regular employee. Then they loaded me up with HR paperwork and sent me on an impossible labyrinth of elevators and waiting rooms, making me late for my first day of work as a "real" employee.

I suppose in a way that's graduation – from temp to employee - but I don't remember Pomp and Circumstance playing on the muzac or anything. Maybe I'm graduating in my mind from hopeful optimism that we will eventually sell this house and move to our dream home in the country to resolved realism that we might be stuck here for a long while.

Sorry, been feelin' a little gloomy about that. Silly me. At least I've got a decent place to live, right?

Well, now I'm going to go play something other than P&C in hopes of getting that song out of my head! A little rock might do well. I'm thinkin' Skillet. Yeah.

4 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Lauren wrote:

Oh sure, but you have to make sure to put the song into our heads first. Thanks...


baaah ba-da-da baaah baaah baaah ba-da-da baaah.

 
At 5/24/2006 10:00 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

You know, we've been best friends for what, 8, 10 years now? I've never heard any Skillet. Hmm... I hope it worked.

Personally, I know I could get it out of your head just by singing a little Veggi-Tales. Of course, then THAT would be in your head...

"Cause your his cheeseburger, his precious cheeseburger. He'll wait for you-oo, yeah, he wait for you-oo..."

Did that help?

 
At 5/24/2006 4:27 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

skillet's great! it must be the time of year that has you thinking graduation stuff.

has me thinking of dance recitals, which were always in may, i think!

 
At 5/25/2006 8:07 AM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

You're musical tastes are way hipper than mine. I've never heard of Skillet. I'll have to check them out when I can actually use speakers.

My son is in the band, so not only does he hear P&C, he has to play it ad nauseum.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home