Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

My 15 Seconds Of Fame

Saturday, May 13, 2006


Can you believe it? Two posts in one day! Aaaaaah!

I'm such a silly girl. You won't believe this.

On weekday mornings, I listen to a local talk radio station on my drive to work. Their morning show is hosted by Ian and Margery, a husband and wife team who are smart, witty, and funny. I love it.

Margery is a total grammar freak. I love this about her. I do not have impeccable grammar myself, but I try and it drives me crazy when people use blatantly incorrect grammar. Don't worry. If I read your blog and you don't use perfect grammar, I won't stop reading. If I love your blog, I love your blog, imperfections and all. I'll just get distracted for a while until I resolve in my head what it is you should have said. Sorry. I'm just a big sill.

Anyway, back to my story. So, yesterday morning, I was reading my morning comics and I came to 9 Chickweed Lane. (Yes, I read comics online every morning. Another reason I'm a silly geek.) I love this comic. It's smart and silly and has an old guy who's either insane or an alien from another planet. I'm really not quite sure.

The 9CL comic that day was grammar related and I laughed out loud – loud enough to make the Geek ask me what was so funny. If you're into grammar at all, you've got to click the link above and read it. It's hilarious!

After my stomach settled down a bit from all the laughing, I thought of Margery. I thought she would love it, so I went to the FM 107 website and looked up their email page and sent a short note with a link to the comic. I sent it just before I got in the car, so that if they read it, I'd be in the car and could hear it on the radio. I know. I'm such a dork!

Sure enough, while I was in the car on the way to work, Ian read the comic to Margery and told her I sent it and that I thought she would like it. She loved it! She even thanked me. Not that she has any clue who I am, but it was fun anyway.

So there it is – all the fame I could ever want. My name was mentioned on the radio and that is more than enough fame for me.

3 Comments:

At 5/13/2006 4:37 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

i'm the BIGGEST grammer offender in blogdom, i know, i know. but it was a cute cartoon, if you knew what a prepostition was and what to look for. I think of you all the time when i'm writing and i start a sentence with 'and' or 'but' because i know you don't like that either.


(:D Yes. That was totally intentional. you saw it, right? Too subtle? what am i saying? Not for you!)

 
At 5/15/2006 11:32 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Loved the comic so much I printed it out to display at my desk. People expect that sort of thing from me. Oh, and by the way, it would be, "I'm really not quite sure which he is", wouldn't it? tee hee

Have I told you lately that I really, really, really like you?

 
At 5/15/2006 9:09 PM, Blogger Faith wrote:

That is sooo funny! I am a huge offender. Sorry!
I am from Alabama/Georgia, so I always hear people say -- where are you at? My hubby's grandmother ( a school teacher) would always answer - between the A and the T.
Do not even count the mistakes in what you just read!!! ;D

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home