Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Summer Reading Challenge 2006

Sunday, May 28, 2006


I was hanging out over at Randi's blog this morning, and she was blogging about the Summer Reading Challenge she just joined. I couldn't resist joining in myself, especially since I've been reading like crazy lately. (All our DVDs are packed away. The VCR and DVD player are packed too. If we watch a movie at all it's on the PlayStation which is really buggy for movies. Plus, we're spending an hour every night at my parents' house sitting on the basement floor with our cats. You'd be reading a lot too. Not that I need to justify it. I'm just sayin'.) If you're interested in challenging yourself to read more this summer, be sure to go see Amanda, who issued the challenge.

Personally, I'm challenging myself to read 12 books after the one I'm reading now. I'll be posting as I begin and end each book, and if I run into something particularly postable while I'm reading, well, maybe I'll post that too.

My current read
Surprised By Joy by C. S. Lewis


Very interesting book about his journey from Christianity to Atheism and back to Christianity again. This is the first book I've read by C. S. Lewis that wasn't written for children, so it's been interesting finding out more about him. I take that back. I started Mere Christianity once, but it belonged to someone else and I had to return it before I finished. Maybe that will go on my summer reading list too. Hmmm.

6 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 7:34 AM, Blogger Oreo wrote:

Hey Geekwif, puhlease come by mine bloggie...you AM one of the "select humans"!!!!

 
At 5/31/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini wrote:

Great idea. I think I'll join in!

 
At 5/31/2006 2:37 PM, Blogger Faith wrote:

Great idea! C.S. Lewis books are great. I've read a good many of them.

 
At 5/31/2006 8:20 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

That sounds pretty ambitious. I need to set some reading goals. I've never finished it but I like The Screwtape Letters. They are hilarious.

 
At 6/06/2006 9:05 AM, Blogger Debra wrote:

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday, dear Geekwif,
Happy birthday to you! :)

I'm hoping you'll have a wonderful day filled with all your favorite people and things and that you'll have a lovely year ahead.

Blessings to you (ala a heads up from Blond Girl)...:) Hugs, Debra

 
At 6/06/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Oreo wrote:

Happy Purrthday to you,
Happy Purrthday to you,
Happy Purrthday dearest Geekwif,
Happy Purrthday tttttooooooo yyyyyooooouuuuuu!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home