Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Stuff I Wanna Blog About

Friday, June 30, 2006



SweetGirlism


Sweet GirlRecently I had the always welcome privilege of spending some time with Sweet Girl. Following is a reconstruction of a conversation we had...to the best of my recollection.

SweetGirl: [Geekwif], did you know that I remember when I was a baby?
Geekwif: Really? Wow!!
SG: Yeah!
GW: What do you remember?
SG: When I was One, I was One for 10 whole days!!
GW: Hmmm. Are you sure it wasn't for 365 days? (Okay, give me a little grace here. Just remember, I don't spend much time around kids, and in my defense, I did realize how silly that question was shortly after it escaped my mouth.)
SG: (Stunned silence, no doubt in serious wonder about the sanity of her godmother.)
GW: (After realizing the error of my ways) So, 10 whole days, huh? What happened after that?
SG: Then I was Two! And then I was Three, and then I was Four (her voice rising in excitement and pitch with each number), and then I was Five, and now I'm Six! ("Six" being nearly supersonic.)
GW: Wow!!!! (Trying to sound incredulous.) So, how long did that take?
SG: Um...(pausing as though to calculate the exact number of days this incredible act of rising ages took)...um...100 days!!
GW: Wow!
SG: No! No! Um...one million days!!!
GW: Wow!!!! That's a lot of days!!
SG: Yeah!

She's just too dang cute for my own good.

==============================

Free Stuff

I won a book! Do you know Camy yet? She is - according to her own description - "the loud Asian chick who writes loud Asian chick-lit". She's been giving away books from her abundant collection (her husband gave her an ultimatum), and I won the drawing this week! Woo hoo! I'll be receiving the book pictured here sometime soon. You can be sure it will soon end up on that list of books I'm reading over to the right on this page.

Thanks, Camy!




==============================

My Blogiversary and a Milestone

Blond Girl reminded me that I missed my one year "Blogiversary". Yup, I've been filling up these pages - sometime regularly and sometimes sporadically - with "figments, wonderments, acknowledgements, deducements, arguments, and [hopefully] entertainment" for over a year now. The official "blogiversary" date was June 17th.

I also missed the milestone of my 200th post, but not by much. Turns out this is my 201st post!

==============================

Clarification

It seems my previous post may have implied that our puppy was home. Raspberry isn't home with us yet. She's coming home next Sunday. Woo hoo!!

7 Comments:

At 6/30/2006 11:47 PM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

Happy Blogiversary! (throwing confetti) I never cease to be amused by the word "wonderments"

 
At 7/02/2006 4:40 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

As mother of the Sweet Girl, I must say that I have those conversations often. What I envy you is the "wonderment" of them. I hate to say it, but it has become easy for me to sound utterly incredulous while I am actually trying to get some inane thing done, like pay a bill or make dinner. Thank you for reminding me to enjoy those moments.

Oh, and happy blogaversary! Woo hoo... we're so geeky together, but it is fun, isn't it? Thank god for our blogs; we'll need them a LOT in a few months!

Oh, and have I told you that I LOVE the little flowers you use for bullet points?!?! It makes me wonder if there are little tulips like that which could be used for bullet points? Not that I'm thinking of anything specific, mind you....

Oh, and I can't wait for this morning! aaahhhhhhgggghhhhh!

 
At 7/02/2006 4:25 PM, Blogger Debra wrote:

Congratulations on your one year blogiversary! :) May you have many, many more years of delightful posts for all of us to read. Blessings, Debra

 
At 7/02/2006 8:52 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

That is a lot to fit into one post. I think it's your 201st thru 205th. Congrats on your blogiversery. I don't know when mine is. It may have passed already.

 
At 7/03/2006 4:39 AM, Blogger Camy Tang wrote:

Happy Blogiversary! And thanks for the shout out about my blog, too! I hope you enjoy the book! This one isn't one of the read ones that my husband is threatening to chuck--it's brand new and autographed by Karen Ball!

Camy

 
At 7/03/2006 5:05 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

happy blogiversary! i'm really hoping this coming year will get you at least to your 500th post. i'm greedy like that.

 
At 7/03/2006 5:07 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

she is so cute! i love the picture in profile. (and you did great, geekwif.)

you know what i've been wondering about? the cats. how are they? could we have an update on beethoven's butt, please?

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home