Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Thanks For Making This A Lovely Day

Tuesday, June 06, 2006


I am overwhelmed. Seriously. I really don't know what to say except Thank You.

Thank you to all of you who sent such sweet notes and wishes and verses and pictures and cards and songs to make my birthday a sweet and memorable one.

Of course, the very biggest Thanks must go to my dear friend, Blond Girl for leading the way. I was completely prepared to keep this birthday thing under wraps. I should have known you wouldn't let that happen. You're just too sweet.

Debra and Oreo, your birthday (and purrthday) songs were music to my ears, regardless of the fact that I couldn't technically hear them with my ears. I have a pretty good imagination and they sounded so sweet. And Oreo, the picture is so adorable I had to put it on my desktop! You're a darling kitty cat.

Jeana, your e-card was beautiful. With friends like you, I've certainly got something to rejoice and be glad about, right along with the heavens and the earth.

Because of all of you, it's been a lovely day. And soon, my favorite Geek is taking me out to dinner. How much more perfect of a birthday could a girl ask for?

I'm truly blessed.

11 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 7:08 PM, Anonymous Lauren wrote:

Happy Birthday! Glad you're having a great day!

 
At 6/06/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Faith wrote:

Oh! Happy Birthday!!! I didn't know!!! So glad it was a good one!!!

 
At 6/06/2006 8:38 PM, Blogger Butterscotch wrote:

happy birthday

 
At 6/06/2006 8:41 PM, Blogger Maggie & Molly wrote:

A little kitty named Oreo told me to come by and say Happy Birthday.

soooooooo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
and many blessings in the next year.

 
At 6/06/2006 9:08 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

well, it wasn't quite the 35 wishes I was hoping for, but glad to have done my part. At least you know I didn't forget! :-)

I'm glad you said I am sweet and not I am in trouble! I knew you would keep your birthday under wraps; not because you told me, but just because you would anyway. You're not like me - and that's a good thing!

Oh, and this is where I tell you you don't look 35 - and you don't!

 
At 6/06/2006 10:31 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Oh, and if you're the girl in the middle, then I am obviously the blond girl all in pink, from head to toe, hugging you!

 
At 6/07/2006 7:59 AM, Blogger Oreo wrote:

You am furry welcome! Schmaybe I can even remember it next year wiffout prompting!

 
At 6/07/2006 9:55 AM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

Sorry I missed your birthday. Hope you had a happy one.

 
At 6/07/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Jan wrote:

Happy belated birthday!

 
At 6/07/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Thank you all!

BG, there may not have been 35, but I did get 14 comments and emails thanks to your post which is really good in my world. Plus, I had 52 hits to my blog yesterday. 52! I'm pretty sure that's a record for me! Woo hoo!

 
At 6/09/2006 3:04 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

i've tied for DAYS to come tell you happy birthday, but couldn't for some reason, thank you Blogger!

Gee, blondgirl was really really subtle when she said she wouldn't say your age, but then told exactly how many OTHER birthday greetings besides her own she wanted to get! Hmmm. I'm not good at math, but i think i figured that one out! So happy (belated )milestone birthday, Geekwif!!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home