Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Girl's Night In

Wednesday, August 16, 2006


I need your help!

My Geek is taking a business trip this weekend. His company has a sister company in Texas and he's going out for a little cross-training with the IT guys there.


That's right my southern blogging friends. The Geek is heading out your direction, y'all. Be sure to shout out a good big southern welcome to him sometime between Thursday morning and Saturday afternoon. If enough of you join in, maybe he'll hear it!

While I will miss him terribly, I've decided to enjoy the time alone – especially Friday night. Friday is our date night. It's sacred and never to be broken except under the most dire of circumstances. Unfortunately, it will be broken this weekend since we'll have the entire depth of the USA between us. He will call me sometime in the evening and we'll have a good long talk, but then he'll go his way to play games with the friend whose house he's staying at.

Meanwhile, I have plans of my own for this Friday night. I plan on spending my evening indulging in a couple chick flicks, a glass of wine, and maybe some Ben and Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio.

This is where you all come in. I've seen so many chick flicks in my life and I've loved most of them, but right now I'm stuck. I can't come up with a single movie title that I want to see, and yet I know there are so many I would enjoy. I'm just drawing a blank. I need you to make some suggestions for me. If you had an evening alone (except for the puppy and the cats) what movies would you watch? I don't sleep well when my sweetie isn't home, so I'll probably watch two or three movies.

Here is my criteria:

1. It has to be a chick flick. If you're a chick, you know what I mean. No blood and gore, no violence, no heroes saving whole cities or the world. If he's going to save anyone it's gotta be the girl.

2. It can't be too sappy. I like sap, but not super sap. For instance, Beaches and Steel Magnolias are out - too sappy, not enough funny. Which leads me to number...

3. It has to be funny. A tear here or there is fine. I don't mind that at all. But I have to laugh out loud more than I cry, unless, of course, it's Jane Austen. I own Pride and Prejudice, but it doesn't quite live up to number 5, so unfortunately it's out.

4. Preferably no Cameron Diaz. I've tried to like her movies, but I just can't do it.

5. It's okay if I've seen it before, but not within the last 6-9 months. Of course, you won't know this one (except for the hint I gave in #3) so you'll just have to find out after making your suggestions.

Help me please! I need your input. Your reward? Helping out a fellow blogger in need and living vicariously through me as I thoroughly enjoy my girl's night in!

1 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 10:16 PM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

I've gotcha. Secondhand Lions is my new favorite movie. It's no solely a chick flick in that a guy woudl like it too, but it fits all the other requirements. Unless you've already seen it.

And I loved Walk the Line.

But I've got an even better idea. Go with the Geek, keep your Friday date, the rest is all Jeana all the time.

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home