Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Thursday Thirteen - #4

Thursday, August 17, 2006


Please go see my post from yesterday. I'm desperate. I need your help to make my lonely Friday night a perfect Girl's Night In!


Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Things I Learned This Week


1. Those $15 clippers at Target don't work at all on a big fluffy cat.

Diva - Before

2. Orange tabby cats are almost never female. Apparently I have a rare cat.

3. Big fluffy cats with poodle cuts look really funny and make me giggle like a 9-year-old girl.

Diva - After

4. Big fluffy cats whose fur has been shaved feel like rich, soft, plush velvet – but only when you brush them one way. The other way they feel like a brillo pad.

5. A person who is over 70 years old and has never used a computer in his life should not be forced by a sales rep to start using a computer when he could use a telephone with which he is perfectly comfortable, familiar, and competent.

6. Cars that have over 120,000 miles on them break down a lot.

7. It's really expensive to fix cars that have over 120,000 miles on them and break down a lot, but still not as expensive as a car payment.

8. Mortgage bankers don't care if you work until 5:00 and can't get out of it. They leave at 5:00 sharp and assume that if you want a loan bad enough you'll find a way to get there at 4:00.

8. Puppies are really really really really really really hard to train...and they pee...a lot.

9. It's not unusual for a puppy to chew on a person even if it is unpleasant.

10. When you take your puppy to the vet for the first time, the doctor will suggest so many vaccinations that you begin to think your puppy is about to become a pin cushion.

11. You will also begin to wonder if you'll be able to build that house you're dreaming of after paying the bill for all the vaccinations.

12. Veterinarians casually throw around certain words pertaining to female puppy body parts that will embarrass you because you don't even say those words to your husband, even if they are proper terminology.

13. Every once in a while you can't help but sit down and just let your puppy snarf all over your face (exception: lips - no snarfing of the lips) with her sweet puppy kisses because she's just that cute.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 7:31 AM, Blogger Natsthename wrote:

OH MY! I have never seen a shaved cat before, especially one with a poodle cut! I am chuckling!

 
At 8/17/2006 7:41 AM, Anonymous Karen wrote:

puppies make up for the trouble they are with their sweet puppy kisses! I can't beleive you shaved your cat. have a great girls night!

 
At 8/17/2006 8:11 AM, Blogger Norma wrote:

I've never seen a cat with a haircut. That vet is paying off the school bills--I worked for years in the vet college at OSU.

 
At 8/17/2006 9:44 AM, Blogger Jeana wrote:

Is that cat new? I thought they were all named after composers?

 
At 8/17/2006 11:09 AM, Blogger K T Cat wrote:

Lovely cat! Have you considered posting photos and participating in the Carnival of the Cats?

 
At 8/17/2006 11:52 AM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

1-4: You may be getting a lot of Google hits of the wrong type if you keep talking about shaved cats.

8: Obviously not on commission.

13: True Dat!

 
At 8/17/2006 2:37 PM, Blogger Rose wrote:

Oh that cat is hilarious! That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I'm inspired, I may have to do the same to my cat, too.

 
At 8/19/2006 6:47 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

OK, I know you had a good reason for doing this to poor diva. I've had tears running down my cheeks from laughing. I can't believe you didn't tell me about this! Why oh why did you turn your diva into a velvet poodle?

 
At 8/22/2006 9:13 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! wrote:

oh that cat!!! poor little thing. (but, HA!)

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home