Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Thursday Thirteen - #5

Thursday, August 24, 2006



Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Ways To Open A Door


1. The Movie Cop - Listen at the door. Step back, shoot out the lock and kick down the door.

2. The Movie Spy - Open the door to get a better look at the bad guys inside, never thinking that they might notice the light shining in the room from the doorway or the sound of the door opening.

3. The Sleep-walker - While sleep-walking, stumble into the door, bouncing off of it and stumbling back a few steps. Repeat until awakened by the bruise on your head.

4. The Clutz - Same as the Sleep-walker, but while awake.

5. The Geekwif - Open the door. Walk through. Forget to close the door completely and inadvertently let the cats out.

6. The Passive/Aggressive - Walk through the door and slam it shut. Wait to see if anyone reacts. When no one does, open the door and slam it shut again, only harder this time.

7. The Fonz - Enter the room, slick back your hair, strike a pose and wait for the applause.

8. The Star Trek - Walk through the doorway as it magically slides open on its own.

9. The Inigo Montoya - Body slam the door with your shoulder repeatedly and unsuccessfully.

10. The Fezzig - Shove Inigo aside, hit the door once with your hand, knocking it off its hinges, and step aside for Inigo to enter.

11. The Charlie's Angels - Kick the door down with your stilletto heels. Run into the room, shake your head to make your hair do that movie star swish while your two friends run in and stand next to you. Strike a pose with your gun pointed.

12. The Lara Croft - Notice the locked door at the end of a 100' hallway. Maneuever the ancient box onto the depression in the ancient stone floor. Notice the door opening at the end of the hallway. Make a mad dash toward the door, jumping over deadly spikes in the floor, dodging poison darts shooting out of the walls, and avoiding giant rolling boulders trying to crush you, all while shooting two pistols simultaneously and continuously to ward off the mercenaries, undead creatures, and wild animals that try to ambush you along the way. Dive and slide under the door just as it is about to slam shut again.

13. The Kramer - Stumble through the doorway, tripping over your own feet and nearly falling over. Then right yourself, and with a slightly dazed look on your face, act as though nothing is unusual at all.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



19 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 7:30 AM, Blogger scrapbookmom wrote:

Very cute! Good 13 :)

 
At 8/24/2006 7:50 AM, Anonymous Susan wrote:

maybe I missed it, but I didn't see, standing in one spot and opening and shutting the door 50 times cause you slammed it in anger so this was your punishment. =)

 
At 8/24/2006 7:59 AM, Blogger Lisa wrote:

Hahahah That was most creative! 4 stars! (My husband loves the passive/aggressive one - does it all the time)

Have a great Thursday!

 
At 8/24/2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Ghost wrote:

You are so right on for #12. My husband and son love to play Tomb Raider. ;) Cheers.

 
At 8/24/2006 8:45 AM, Blogger K T Cat wrote:

I loved #5. Also, how about the Maxwell Smart version.

Open door. Walk through. Decide to go back out. Turn around and get your nose caught in the door as it closes.

:-)

 
At 8/24/2006 9:24 AM, Blogger Miss Britt wrote:

Most creative list I've read yet... very good

 
At 8/24/2006 10:52 AM, Anonymous Jenny Ryan wrote:

I love this list! My favorite is the Fonz :)

 
At 8/24/2006 12:05 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

That's a funny list. I think The Princess Bride should be required viewing.

 
At 8/24/2006 12:24 PM, Blogger Kimmy wrote:

HA! Great list! Very creative!!! My brother does The Kramer very well!

Happy T13! My list's up!

 
At 8/24/2006 6:27 PM, Blogger LaDonna wrote:

That's an awesome list! Loved it! I guess I'm a Kramer. Happy TT!

Thirteen Craft Projects I Need to Finish

 
At 8/24/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Barbara wrote:

The Fonz and Kramer are the best! I could watch those two all day long! :)

 
At 8/24/2006 10:23 PM, Blogger Raggedy wrote:

hahahahaha cute!
Great TT
My TT is up
Have a wonderful Thursday!

 
At 8/24/2006 11:05 PM, Blogger Grafted Branch wrote:

What a fun list! I like the one about passive/aggressive. My oldest used to employ that tactic when she was made (during her toddler years, and before we knew what we were doing).

 
At 8/24/2006 11:06 PM, Blogger Grafted Branch wrote:

Make that mad.

 
At 8/25/2006 12:22 PM, Blogger BecK wrote:

Funny!
I of course love #8 (big Trekkie!)
But they are all good visuals!!

great TT!

 
At 8/31/2006 2:19 AM, Blogger Tracie wrote:

What a great and funny list!!

 
At 8/31/2006 4:32 AM, Blogger Something's Missing wrote:

The Man Who Married Me hates the way I open the door from the house to garage. He says it is like I am going to break it down, lol, so now I deliberately use exessive force! :)

My TT is up. Happy Thursday!

 
At 8/31/2006 4:39 AM, Blogger MommyBa wrote:

This is an amazing list!! Wow! I could sure try some of them!

Happy Thursday!

 
At 8/31/2006 6:15 AM, Blogger Knitting Maniac wrote:

cute list!!! Happy TT!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home