Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

I Got A New Camera!

Friday, September 22, 2006


Our old one died, thus the lack of pictures on my blog lately. I took it in to see if we could get it fixed, but after sending it in the manufacturer and all, it would have cost around $150. I could almost get a new camera for that, so I did! Well, not for that price, but only slightly more.

Now, I'm having fun with the camera again! Okay, and a little Photoshop too. Having a little trouble with focus, but that's okay. She's still a cutie puppy!

Raz collage

6 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 9:39 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Aww, look at those eyes! so sweet.

What I wanna know is what kind of camera? how many pixels? Talk shop, girl! :-)

Oh, and I got my linky and TT13 to work. Just in time to miss all the comments!

Now I need to know how to use the extra header graphics (like your shirts below)... I can find all the pretty headers over at 7713.com, but I can't seem to find code. HTML lesson 3?

 
At 9/22/2006 10:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie wrote:

Soooo sweet.

 
At 9/23/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger Geekwif wrote:

Talk shop, huh? Well, let's see.

It's a Canon PowerShot A530 - basically the most current version of the A70 I had before.

4X zoom

5.0 mega pixels

Came with a 16MB card and my old 64 wouldn't work because they changed the physical size of the card it holds, so I bought a 256MB card (the smallest they make anymore - except for the 16 they package it with, of course).

Also got a carrying case this time so it wouldn't get so beat up like it did last time. The case is well padded and has a belt loop, removable shoulder strap, and separate compartments for the card and extra batteries.

Enough details? I hope so, because it's all I know! I love my camera, but I'm certainly no expert! :)

 
At 9/23/2006 7:35 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

Those are cute pictures. Black dogs are hard to get good contrast on. I know.

 
At 9/23/2006 9:27 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Hey, no Problem! I love long comments!

I had to laugh at the bathroom thing. You're right; I'm not shy. But the first and fourth paragraphs did sound like me.

Oh, and if I were born in 2893, my name would be Galt Baan and I would be half alien! Actually, sometimes I think I am already half alien...

Oh, and I wore a sage green be-ribboned and laced v-neck tank top with a green print shirt and camel slacks today. A total Geekwif outfit... you would have loved the way I look!

 
At 9/24/2006 10:09 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini wrote:

How do you make the pics look all scrapbook-y. They're cool!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home