Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

My Geek – The King Of Romance

Tuesday, September 05, 2006


PVP logoI think I've mentioned before that I read several comics online. (It's like the Sunday funnies, but every day online.) One comic my Geek got me started reading is called PVP. It's well-written and very funny.

The comic revolves around a group of people who happen to work together at a computer gaming magazine called PVP. (Player vs. Player) Some of the strips involve gaming, some don't. It's funny either way.

For the past 3 weeks or so the storyline has been about a dating challenge between some of the main characters. There are two couples who work in the office – one couple in their 30s and one in their teens. The guys challenged each other to a double date to see which could provide their girlfriend with the most romantic evening. Of course, comedy ensues.

Well, the Geek trumped them all. Yesterday I was feeling under the weather. Aw heck, I felt like I'd fallen like Wile E. Coyote and made a 10-foot-deep hole in the ground and then been run over by a mack truck while I was climbing out. We had done laundry over the weekend, but there were still clothes that needed to be hung in the closet. I asked him to take them upstairs last night when we went to bed. I went upstairs shortly after him and collapsed into bed.

This morning I went to get my clothes, expecting them to be laying across the dresser since hanging clothes is usually my job. Any guesses where I found them?

In the closet, neatly hung.

It was so lovely. I almost cried. All you girls know exactly what I mean, right? You can have all the carriage rides and roses and jewelry in the world. I don't need them. (Although they are a nice icing on the cake now and then.)

Hanging the clothes because he knows I don't feel well? That is the epitome of romance.

My Geek rocks.

3 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 1:08 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Way to go, Geek!

Tell him BG approves! (not like he'll care, but it felt good to say it...) It's like when Champs got up to help Sweet Girl back to bed becuase he knew I didn't feel well.

Gotta love a good man, right?

 
At 9/07/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

That is soo sweet. And thoughtful.

 
At 9/07/2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

whoa; this is a first! I got my T13 up before you did... how did that happen?!!? tee hee. I know, I know, it's because I work part time now.

anyway, come and see... i did the mr linky thing you said to do!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home