Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Three Things...Times 18

Sunday, September 03, 2006


Stuff about me in threes. As if you really wanted to know any more about me.
I lifted this from Camy.

3 things that scare me:

1. Bugs, especially spiders...and centipedes...and spiders...and beetles...and did I mention spiders?
2. Big animals with big teeth, like lions and tigers and bears, oh my.
3. This one is kind of grim, but I'm scared of what might happen if I am alive during the great tribulation - like being tortured for being a Christian and stuff. (And no, I'm not asking to start a discussion on Pre-trib vs. Post-trib)


3 (groups of) people who make me laugh:

1. my Geek
2. Jeana and her kids
3. HolyMama and her 6-year-old


3 things I love:

1. Jane Austen Novels
2. Gardening
3. Homemaking - the creative stuff, not the cleaning


3 things I hate:

1. Poor grammar
2. Politics
3. Making conversation


3 things I do not understand:

1. Christians who expect non-Christians to live by Christians' standards
2. People who find it acceptable to mess with/destroy other people's property and/or rights
3. The fourth dimension


3 things on my desk:

1. Kleenexes (which happen to be in a pretty Longaberger basket)
2. My eMac
3. Coupons for Papa Johns


3 things I am doing right now:

1. Trying to think of clever items for these categories
2. Cracking my neck (It's a little stiff. But don't call me a stiff-necked people. Please.)
3. Knocking papers off my desk as they stick to my sweaty arms. I know, that was a lovely picture, wasn't it?


3 things I want to do before I die:

1. Figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up
2. Live a life that deserves the phrase, "Well done, good and faithful servant"
3. Create a spectacular landscape surrounding our new home (to be)


3 things I can do:

1. Keep a beat
2. Pat my head and rub my belly (and I can switch too)
3. Fold a t-shirt the fancy department store way. I don't, but I can.


3 ways to describe my personality:

1. Shy
2. Quiet
3. Opinionated (In other words, I have very strong opinions. I just don't share them freely.)


3 things I can't do:

1. A cartwheel
2. Whistle through my teeth
3. Snap with my middle finger like most people (I use my ring finger.)


3 things I think you should listen to:

1. God's voice (not always easy, I know, but so important nonetheless)
2. Amy Monaghan (She is amazing. Seriously. You really need to listen to her. She totally rocks!!!)
3. Your conscience - God gave it to you for a reason and you'll find it's generally right.


3 things you should never listen to:

1. People giving you advice who have anything other than God's best for you as their prime motivation for the advice
2. Anything louder than 85 decibels - unless you're listening to Amy Monaghan. Then you gotta crank it to 11, baby.
3. Cry in your beer country music - It's bad for your health. Studies have been done showing that the suicide rate goes up in a city every time a new country music station starts up.


3 absolute favorite foods:

1. Cheese (anything that's not blue...or bleu)
2. Olives
3. Creme brulee (Mmmmm. Yummy.)


3 things I'd like to learn:

1. How to speak Spanish...and maybe German...and French...and Italian....
2. How to lay tile - It'll come in handy considering we already told the builder we'd do that part ourselves.
3. To communicate with God better


3 beverages I drink regularly:

1. Welches 100% grape juice mixed with fizzy water
2. Coke
3. Rock Star (I'm trying to stop...really.)


3 shows I watched as a kid:

1. Little House On The Prairie
2. The Smurfs
3. Lawrence Welk (It's not my fault. My parents made me watch it.)


3 things I really want to do:

1. Write (and complete) a novel
2. Get a tattoo
3. Build a house...soon!

5 Comments:

At 9/04/2006 5:06 AM, Blogger Bothaniel wrote:

Oww! My ring finger hurts.

I'm a Christian and have always wanted a tattoo of an empty tomb, with the word "Empty" across the top.

And, I can't do a cartwheel either! (not on purpose, anyway)

 
At 9/04/2006 5:38 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

I live mixing fruit juice with seltzer water. It tastes sooo good. And cheese would be very high on my list, including bleu. This is getting me hungry.

 
At 9/04/2006 11:04 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

OK, do I congratulate you on filling out all of these, warn you that I will lift it and fill it out myself (since I love memes) or do I get honest and tell you that I am mildly offended that I didn't make your "makes you laugh" list?

You choose.

 
At 9/06/2006 1:08 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I filled mine out... took too long... lots of LINKS!

 
At 9/06/2006 3:04 AM, Blogger Camy Tang wrote:

Lift anytime! Now I've got to listen to Amy Monaghan. You've got me intrigued.

Camy

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home