Wednesday, September 27, 2006
My faith is being challenged this week. Not my faith in God - you know, in general. That, I assure you is rock solid. I'm just fighting fear and, um, bummed-ness these last few days. This week's Thursday Thirteen reflects that. Maybe next week will be the opposite – things I'm grateful for, because I do have a lot of them, despite what this week's T13 might imply.
1. The barking of the puppy 10 feet from my ear and the resulting throbbing in my head.
2. Waiting for the bank to get back to us with an answer as to whether or not they will give us the loan we need.
3. Waiting to start building our new home. It seems that it just continues to be put off over and over for one reason or another.
4. Loud car stereos with so much bass booming I can feel my heart thump with each beat of the music.
5. Sirens. So many sirens.
6. The exponentially increasing crime rate in our city, and especially in our neighborhood.
7. For instance, the robbery at gunpoint of a neighbor's car on Monday. Thank God she and her baby got away safely, but he drove off in her car with her purse, her cell phone, and of course her keys.
8. Or the pizza delivery guy who was shot for no apparent reason.
9. Or the innocent kid who was killed because he complained about giving his shoes to the guy with the gun after having already given his shirt.
10. Being afraid to leave my house, but also being afraid to live in it.
11. Not having a permanent job.
12. The new temp job I start Monday which will take me through March, but still leaves me in a potential predicament.
13. Missing my best friend and her sweet daughter.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants