Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Thursday Thirteen #10

Wednesday, September 27, 2006



Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Things That Are Rubbing My Nerves A Bit Raw Lately

My faith is being challenged this week. Not my faith in God - you know, in general. That, I assure you is rock solid. I'm just fighting fear and, um, bummed-ness these last few days. This week's Thursday Thirteen reflects that. Maybe next week will be the opposite – things I'm grateful for, because I do have a lot of them, despite what this week's T13 might imply.

1. The barking of the puppy 10 feet from my ear and the resulting throbbing in my head.

2. Waiting for the bank to get back to us with an answer as to whether or not they will give us the loan we need.

3. Waiting to start building our new home. It seems that it just continues to be put off over and over for one reason or another.

4. Loud car stereos with so much bass booming I can feel my heart thump with each beat of the music.

5. Sirens. So many sirens.

6. The exponentially increasing crime rate in our city, and especially in our neighborhood.

7. For instance, the robbery at gunpoint of a neighbor's car on Monday. Thank God she and her baby got away safely, but he drove off in her car with her purse, her cell phone, and of course her keys.

8. Or the pizza delivery guy who was shot for no apparent reason.

9. Or the innocent kid who was killed because he complained about giving his shoes to the guy with the gun after having already given his shirt.

10. Being afraid to leave my house, but also being afraid to live in it.

11. Not having a permanent job.

12. The new temp job I start Monday which will take me through March, but still leaves me in a potential predicament.

13. Missing my best friend and her sweet daughter.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



10 Comments:

At 9/28/2006 8:53 AM, Blogger Sparky Duck wrote:

Im sorry things arent going great, but at least you may have used the list to get your worries out of your brain.

 
At 9/28/2006 9:16 AM, Blogger amy wrote:

wILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU..WORRIES ARE NO GOOD

 
At 9/28/2006 11:17 AM, Anonymous Domestic Geek wrote:

(((hugs))) I'm so with you about the increasing crime and loud noises.

 
At 9/28/2006 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

It sounds like a down week, for sure. The world is like that--don't know how people make it without God. I remember how that was. I pray that God will give you strength and lift your spirit.

 
At 9/28/2006 2:51 PM, Anonymous Momish wrote:

Living in the city, I can relate to all the crime. It definately gets you down. Hope your weekend is much better. P.S. your #4 is one of my biggest pet peeves. I always say those people must have no life if that is so important to them!

 
At 9/28/2006 3:37 PM, Blogger Chelle Y. wrote:

I hope things turn around for you soon!

This world can be a scary place. At least we have a God who is still in control.

 
At 9/28/2006 8:44 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

A temp job that runs thorugh March sounds pretty good. My wife's temp jobs never lasted more than a month or two.

 
At 9/28/2006 11:23 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I just read your list... I went "ah... oh...Ohmygod!... awww".


I had almost forgotten what the nieghborhood was like... but it sounds like it is getting worse. Time for all the prayer warriors to help get things moving and those of us who aren't exactly warriors to pick up a weapon on your behalf, huh?

and don't even get me started on missing you!

 
At 9/29/2006 12:31 AM, Blogger Brony wrote:

Sorry to hear that things are getting on your nerves a bit.

You'll get through it.

Happy TT!

 
At 9/29/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous N. Mallory wrote:

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home