Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

Do You NaNo?

Tuesday, October 03, 2006


2006 NaNoWriMo participantIt's almost time, ladies and gentlemen. NaNoWriMo is on its way! "Whatthehey is on its way?" you might ask. "NaNoWriMo," I would answer. (See how I'm preparing myself for writing dialogue? Huh? Clever, am I not? Gotta get those grammar and punctuation chops workin' again. Um, I mean I have to get them working. Yeah, that's what I meant.)

So, I guess I really didn't answer your question properly yet, since I assume your question was meant to ask for a definition of NaNoWriMo. You know, assuming you actually asked the question I assume you asked.

The short version is: It's the month of November.

The slightly less short version is: It's an event spanning from 12:00 a.m. on November 1st through 11:59 p.m. on November 30th in which crazy people like me attempt to write a 50,000 word novel (really more of a novella).

For the longer (and much more entertaining) version, see the "What is NaNoWriMo" page on the NaNoWriMo website.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I'll be NaNoing this year...again. Yeah, I'm a novel writin' nut. Last year's attempt wasn't very impressive. Okay, it was crap. But I did win, which just means I got 50,000 words down on a page. I gotta say, I was actually pretty darn happy just to have done that. This year I'm going for something closer to mud than crap. You know, one step up on the gross-o-meter...or is that a step down?

So come on, all you blogging ladies (and gentlemen). Jump in! Come be a novel writing nut with me. You can sign up now and you'll still have an entire month to think about and plan your novel. Just don't forget to make me a writing buddy, okay?

7 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 10:53 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

I'm a reader, not a writer. Good luck with it. I'll support you, but there is no way I could do it.

 
At 10/05/2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I haven't touched my blog in a week and I have so much to do! Your challenge has me thinking plots, charectors... etc, etc. We need to talk.

 
At 10/05/2006 11:11 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Where oh where is your T13? You only have 54 minutes left!!! Aughhh!

 
At 10/06/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Faith wrote:

See, and i thought you were talking about an ipod! Oops!!

 
At 10/08/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

Hey, dropped by to thank you for your comment on my phone search. I've always admired your phones (they look so sturdy and compact) and champs wants a flip phone now, so who knows? Does your phone have a sim card? Mean Girl said she has T-Mobile and her phone does....

As always, I miss you! I just wish we could go shopping today and start planning a catalog for my you-know-what!

Champs is taking me out later to celebrate our 8th anniversary. Can you believe it? 8 years!

 
At 10/10/2006 7:30 AM, Blogger amy wrote:

That was an interesting post. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 10/12/2006 12:55 AM, Blogger scribbit wrote:

I'm impressed with anyone who can do a novel. I'm much more comfortable with short stories. Will you still be blogging with all that other writing?

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home