Geekwif
“When anybody asks, 'What are you writing about now?' if I try to reply, the book-in-the-works sounds so idiotic to me that I think, 'Why am I trying to write that puerile junk?' So now I give up; if I could talk about it, I wouldn't have to write it."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet

 

I Have A New Toy!

Monday, October 23, 2006


We interrupt this program to bring you this important message...or something like that. I just have to say how disappointed and frustrated I am – not in my new toy though. I downloaded an extension to Firefox that looked so cool! It sits in your Firefox sidebar and you can post to your blog right there! How cool! Or so I thought. I tried it, and (this part is my own fault) didn't copy and paste to save it elsewhere. Then I saved it as a draft, and went to blogger to see it before posting it live, and guess what. It was nowhere to be found. Guess I'll be blogging the old-fashioned way from now on.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming – and let's see how much of that post I can remember...

So, maybe it's more of a tool, but it is certainly as fun as a toy! Looky! \/
MacBookIsn't it fun!?! Seriously girls, if you want a cute computer, nobody makes them cuter than Mac. And don't get me started on the other advantages of a Mac, or we'll be here until next Christmas!

We were going to wait to buy it until after we built the house, but now we're not going to be building until spring (hopefully there will be no more delays!), so we decided to go for it! And just in time for NaNoWriMo too!

My desktop Mac (only Macs for me, baby!) still works great, but I've wanted a laptop for a long time. Just think of the possibilities!
With NaNo just around the corner, I can take my laptop to work and add a few words to my count over my lunch break. There's even a nice little lounge area in the lunchroom at my new workplace, with big cozy chairs. How nice!

The Geek
is also doing NaNo again this year. We can take our laptops (he's had one for years) to Panera and sit there, sipping Chai (or mocha in his case), and writing our novels on Saturday mornings. Ahhhh. Doesn't that sound simply lovely? I don't know if I could think of a nicer way to spend a Saturday morning. They have free wifi there too, so if we need to we can do a little quick research or update our wordcounts on the NaNo website.

And just think of the blogging potential! Oh my! I can blog in the kitchen, in bed, at work, in the car (if the Geek is driving of course). I can blog anywhere! How about you lucky bloggers who already have laptops? Where do you blog? (If it's in the bathroom, don't tell. I don't want to know.)

I just ordered a new carrying case off of eBay too, so I'll really be able to carry it wherever I go. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

At 10/24/2006 4:06 AM, Blogger Camy Tang wrote:

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! I totally want a Mac laptop. At the very least, I can get one next year in Feb.

I'm doing NaNo too! It's going to be so much fun!
Camy

 
At 10/24/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Tracie wrote:

I am so jealous. I have been wanting a laptop for the longest time......in fact, I am borrowing a friends this week to use for a project we are working on, and it is going to be hard to give it back to her on Sunday. I am seriously considering running away with this laptop to a nice deserted island--the only glitch in the plan (besides that whole stealing and never seeing my family again thing!) is that a deserted island probably wouldn't be iternet-ready.

 
At 10/24/2006 3:21 PM, Anonymous Kelly wrote:

I, too, am the wife of a geek. We switched to Mac about a year ago I think. I love it! All the older kids have Mac laptops. They are great!! Great site!

 
At 10/24/2006 6:09 PM, Blogger yellojkt wrote:

My wife has a MacBook and it's a little frustrating to go back and forth. Although I do finally understand that Windoze truly does rip of Apple every chance they get.

 
At 11/02/2006 10:26 PM, Blogger Blond Girl wrote:

I'm not sure about the blogging in the bathroom....

congrats, though!

 

Post a Comment

I'm having trouble with word verification so all comments will now go through moderation. Don't worry. I check my email often so it won't take long before your comment shows up.

<< Home